cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

k0zie
Journeyman III

Fortnite crashes entire PC (rx460)

As the title says, when I'm playing Fortnite, the whole computer crashes. It has a single color, no text, and a distorted repeating sound. This mostly happens near the start of the match, and has also happened in the lobby a few times. This crash has also happened while I was playing Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2, but only once. I have the GPU secured and steady, and I have played at both low and performance settings. Solutions I've tried are: Installing latest drivers (did that, didn't help), disconnecting and reconnecting the GPU (Works as a temporary solution), defragging my hard drive and solid state drive (didn't help), and retrying my computer (only works for about a few minutes to an hour). This may be because of my hard drive (230 GB), as it's a pre-owned computer, but I'm not entirely sure. Either way, I'll try replacing it with another one (1 TB) soon. Does anyone here have any solutions?

0 Likes
3 Replies
k0zie
Journeyman III

UPDATE: It also crashed when I was playing HL2 Episode 1 this is messed up!

0 Likes

hi,

did you check your temps ? (gpu cpu etc)

what are your system specs exactly (especially iu would say psu , ram , ram timings etc)

0 Likes
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Fortnite has an issue with the current "season" that Epic is working on. Since you also crash with HL2, and or other games, check your PSU. The Power Supply Unit could be going bad.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes