cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

pokester
MVP

Re: Fortnite crashes and I get "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Jump to solution

Can you point out what was different from default. Not being in English I think I am missing it. I wan't to be able to help others with this issue.

boshco
Journeyman III

Re: Fortnite crashes and I get "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Jump to solution

i have edited it

triviq
Adept I

Jump to solution

I sent an email to AMD a little bit ago. I asked about their records of the crashes as well as when we can expect new drivers. This is what I received:

“Thank you for your email

I understand you are facing game crash issue while you are playing fortnite games after installing the graphic card driver version 18.7.1

We are receiving similar reports from other customers also, we have already reported the issue with the concern team, I request you to install the previous driver version to contune using the game.

The new driver update is expected to release in another couple of days.

Thanks for contacting AMD”

pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you look here: Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 Release Notes | AMD

You will see this fix list:

Fixed Issues

• Fortnite™ may experience an application crash on game launch in Windows®7.
  • Some games may experience a game crash or hang on multi GPU system configurations when changing or applying resolutions.
  • Graphics and memory clock speeds may remain elevated or locked while gaming if video content is also playing on the system.
  • Civilization® VI may experience a game crash using DirectX®12 API on game or map launch.
  • Samsung™ HMD Odyssey may experience intermittent black screens or flashing on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products."

So, if my workaround of turning Windows Aero Desktop theme off did not work for you, you may want to try to run a clean install of 18.8.1
Please let everyone know if 18.8.1 fixes crashing for you.

If it does, please mark this answer as correct.

Thanks.

pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

I don't know about Fortnite, don't play it. I can tell you another Unreal Engine game I was having issue with in the last driver is now okay with 18.8.1, thanks for the quick fix on this AMD. Hope Fortnite is fixed for those afflicted too!

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

This issue should be resolved in Adrenalin 18.8.1.

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 Release Notes | AMD

Fixed Issues

• Fortnite™ may experience an application crash on game launch in Windows®7.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
stylazation
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

18.8.1 doesn't work.

Middle screen n flickering and crash after the jump. Running a R9 290 on ryzen 1700 system with all the graphics to minumum on windows 10 64bit. 18.3.3 was a no go as well. The latest driver update from AMD and fortnite season 5 is not compatible.

0 Likes
triviq
Adept I

Jump to solution

I'm pretty sure this is another problem. 18.3.3 worked fine for me on an RX 480, and 18.81 solved my frame drops and crashes. Not sure what your condition is, but it's gotta be another problem.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Hi,

Have you tried running the in game Troubleshoot menu on the Lower RHS?

pastedImage_0.png

What do you see?

Does it report everything is OK like mine does below?

pastedImage_3.png

0 Likes