cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

magoguitarrista
Adept II

Re: Fortnite crashes and I get "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Jump to solution

I made my own post explaining my situation, my GPU, My OS, etc and a moderator gladly indicate my to "non post about topics that already are in discuss in another topic"
Totally BS.
So now Im here, It would be greater tho if AMD staff spend more energy fixing the issue than moderating nonsense stuff and accelerating the thermal death of the universe by increasing the entropy in it.
Just saying, now im going to try what some suggested by downgrading to 18.3.3 that, they said "has no issues", probably a waste of time too, but Ill give it a try, cause yesterday I've already lost 10 matches and a lot of XP of kills, revives,etc because of the random crashes.
So frustrating to work 8/9 hrs, come home to distend yourself and keep working instead cause AMD doesn't...

colesdav
MVP

Re: Fortnite crashes and I get "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Jump to solution

Hi,

OK, I had not seen your specific post. I didn't mean to annoy you by suggesting workaround that applies to Windows 7.

I have seen posts here and elswhere on Fortnite forum about the game crashing at launch in Windows 7 64bit.
I hope you find a solution for your crashes on Windows 10  by moving to older driver version for now.
Bye.

0 Likes
magoguitarrista
Adept II

Jump to solution

I've played 10 matches today (not many) with Driver 18.3.3 and so far so good, Im going to intensely test this tonight with my friends, if It doesn't crash I wild use this drivers until AMD releases something new and decent.
Thanks for the input tho.

triviq
Adept I

Jump to solution

I've used the same solution. Posted a thread on the Fortnite forums here​. Wasn't until I posted on Reddit, got it flagged by the bot, and then a helpful man DM'ed me about it telling me the right driver. I tried so many things before this: I had uninstalled and reinstalled countless drivers, rolled back to 18.5.1, tried two monitors, two cables, etc. It was really annoying; and the worst thing is that Fortnite has yet to comment on this. So far I haven't seen any response to what seems to be a major problem. Their "Customer Support" is a joke, really.

Weird thing is that I have heard that 18.5.1 has been working for some people, instead of having to go back to 18.3.3. Strange.

0 Likes
magoguitarrista
Adept II

Jump to solution

So, here is my input after 12+ hrs of playing.
My R7 370 (In the main computer):

18.3.3 has 0 crashes after like 12+ hrs of playing

10/10 with 18.5.1 I didn't even try this one for so long because of the 10/10 ratio.

7/10 with 18.7.1 24+ hs of testing

On the other hand, my APU A10 7860k:
I've tried to install 18.3.3 but it didn't work properly (Don't know why)
It has 1/10 crash ratio with 18.5.1 (So is pretty damn good)
7/10 with 18.7.1.

So, yeah Triviq, I can see why some people say 18.5.1 works fine for them, cause it does on my A10 7860k but not at all on my R7 370.
So I set the A10 machine with the 18.5.1.
And the main R7 370 with the 18.3.3.
I still believe both AMD and Fornite support services and customer services is patethic at most.

ludwig
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Anyone knows how long this will take to be fixed?

0 Likes
triviq
Adept I

Jump to solution

Version 5.10 of Fortnite releases tomorrow. We'll have to check in the patch notes (or run some tests if it doesn't say).

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Two weeks is a Fortnite.

0 Likes
magoguitarrista
Adept II

Jump to solution

I believe this one is on AMD, I don't think EPIC would solve issues related with drivers.
Anyway, I've already desist, since I can play "decently" with 18.3.3 and both Epic and AMD support probe to be useless don't really care anymore.

boshco
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hi I had this configuration for default:

6374856796.png

I fixed it with this configuration:

-Changing Texture Filtering Quality from "Standard" to "Performance"
-Tesselation Mode from "AMD optimized" to "Use application settings"

123156.png126672787.png

I tested it yesterday and i got very nice results, the game doesnt crash anytime
but in my fist game the screen got freezed by less than 1 second approximately 3 times at the start of the game (when you are falling from the bus)
the next 2 hours that i was playing the game runned correctly.

sorry about my english

Hope that help you too.