cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

bubboteam
Adept III

Re: Fortnite crashes and I get "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Jump to solution

ahahahah its a joke!!

these people are totally incompetent, first it takes over a week to fix a thing reported immediately, and then once updated does not work anyway !! on the contrary, they even take you around with the error messages! I do not really have words anymore

alexander88207
Adept II

Re: Fortnite crashes and I get "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Jump to solution

I-dont-know-rick-it-looks-fake.jpg

0 Likes
julienpat
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

now i have 18.5.1 and its work

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Yes windows 7 64bit is supported.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Windows 10 64bit latest patched / updated and checked. Adrenalin 18.7.1. R9 FuryX.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
alexander88207
Adept II

Jump to solution

Yeah Windows 10 Work but we want that the Windows 7 Version works

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Hi,

I wasn't sure if it was or was not just a problem on Windows 7. I was looking at Unreal Engine 4.20 anyhow so I thought I would take a look.

I have Windows 10 64 bit running at the moment, I just clicked o.k. on the above menu and I was able to run it at 1080p/95 FPS or 4K/30 FPS on Epic with a single R9 Fury X. Seems to run fine so far.

Will check to see what happens on fresh patched and checked install of Windows 7 64 bit on single R9 Nano soon.

Bye.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bnit with 18.7.1 Adrenalin Driver gives a sub-optimal experience.Confirmed. Crashed immediately. with Single R9 Nano running at stock speed. After the crash, PC rebooted, Caught this screenshot before I clicked on Send and Close.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Hi,
I managed to get it running on Windows 7 64bit and so far it seems fine but need more time to test it. .
I ran Asus GPU Tweak II Game Booster before launching Fortnite with the settings shown.
Note that GPU Tweak II is set up not to touch or change any GPU OC Profiles or fan speed, I just use it for the Game Booster.
Fortnite launches and seems to run fine so far with good FPS, I will have to test it some more. I just got it to run.
Possibly a problem related to Windows 7 Aero desktop visual settings  but I will need to see if I can change those settings and get it to run without using GPUTweak II Game Booster. Could be a conlict with some other Windows 7 process or sevice that Asus GPU Tweak II game booster is shutting down.

pastedImage_0.png

Bye.

0 Likes
magoguitarrista
Adept II

Jump to solution

I found the solution:
Step 1: Uninstall your AMD Drivers
Step 2: Shutdown your computer
Step 3: Remove the AMD GPU
Step 4: Get a can with fuel and "shower" your GPU with it,
Step 5: Take a steps back and throw match to the GPU

Step 6: Gladly watch it burn.
Step 7: Clean all the s* and put your new Nvidia GTX 1070 on the computer.
Step 8: Install the drivers

Step 9: Play Fortnite all day.
Now seriusly...
Any ETA on this? It crash like 20/30 today, I almost destroy my computer with a hammer, Its not like we are claiming a fix for an indie game, its foking fortnite for god sake...