cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

bubboteam
Adept III

Re: Fortnite crashes and I get "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Jump to solution

yea!! is like Inception!

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Re: Fortnite crashes and I get "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Jump to solution

My guess for a while now has been that they just don't have enough people working on the problem. Top that off with trying to add too much new tech at the same time. Top that off with trying to make one driver work with really 3 different pieces of technology. IMHO they should have split the drivers at the RX series and again at VEGA. They would have been better to add none of the new features to the older cards and just left them stable. Then they could have concentrated on making VEGA actually work correctly too. New features are nice but only if they work and don't break what used to work great.

I get your feelings of hate. I was pretty unhappy when I bought my RX 580 as an improvement over my HD 7950 and could not get a single game to run! Luckily I came here and Kingfish told me just what to do to get it working. NOBODY IMHO should have to go through the crap you have to do to get things working. It should be rare cases of true incompatibilities with a MB bios for instance, etc that require some hassle to get stable. For most it should be plug and play. Now in all fairness though to AMD in many cases like on my RX 580 a couple of changes in Wattman and some changes to Windows settings and I am rock solid. I just don't know however why those changes can't be compensated for in the drivers or overcoming the Windows side issues is so impossible. NVIDIA does, so it is possible. When Windows 1803 came out it broke FreeSync and GSYNC equally, weeks later NVIDIA had the a new driver out and GSYNC working. Months later and FreeSync is still a mess, and has been since about 4 or 5 drivers before the Adrenaline release. So I go back to thinking AMD simply doesn't have enough boots on the ground. I don't know if it is a money / payroll thing if they just can't afford more help? If it is I think I would find a way to get as many people on the driver team as possible. Having rock solid drivers is the only way you gain favor in the PC community. The other possibility and likely more accurate is that in reality the PC gaming part of their business is a small focus for them, and is frankly a headache. They would prefer to just make hardware. With consoles, processors and even the non gaming pc market their job is much more simple. I have been and still am wanting to be a very loyal AMD user. That doesn't mean that I too won't vote with my dollars. I can tell you I won't ever do again what I did with my RX 580. If I get another card and it doesn't work right out of the box. I will return it for one that does. I won't spend 2 months again getting it working, by piecing together help from all over the Internet. I have been trying to save others this aggravation for 6 months now giving them the information, I didn't have. Hoping the next driver fixes everything. That hasn't happened. As I already mentioned instead of better I now have 3 out of 4 cards that can't even run the latest drivers. The other think I don't think AMD doesn't get is that the customers that complain, are doing them a favor. They are letting them know the issue and giving them a chance at redemption. The reality for most is like with a bad restaurant experience. Most people don't complain, they just don't ever come back.

julienpat
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have the same problem

0 Likes
shonk
Adept II

Jump to solution

Here's Details with regards to

Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC 4GB

Sapphire RX 480 Nitro OC 4GB

18.7.1 = Bad

18.6.1 = Bad

18.5.2 = Bad (Crashed once in 6 hours of play)

18.5.1 = Untested

18.4.1 = Bad (Crashed once in 18 hours of play)

18.3.4 = In Testing (10 Hours Fine ATM)

18.3.3 = Fine 50 Hours + no crash (Relive mic sync issues)

0 Likes
bubboteam
Adept III

Jump to solution

in the fortnite forum they say the most stable at the moment is the 18.3.4 and 18.3.3

0 Likes
marya11
Adept I

Jump to solution

Well, trust me, i did it and that version didn't work for me, my system not even recognize the drivers and keep an exclamation mark on screen adaptors. I had to move inmediately to the recomended for my system that was 18.5.1

My specs are:

AMD Radeon R6 (intern)

AMD Radeon R7 M360

Win 10 64bits

0 Likes
bubboteam
Adept III

Jump to solution

of course, it depends on what problem you have, the real absurd thing is that we have to crash in this way when AMD and Epic sleep

if I wanted to buy a 500 euro graphic card and spend more time setting it up than playing I would enroll at university to become an engineer

julienpat
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

See this:ah.PNG

0 Likes
julienpat
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

do you know how long that will take

0 Likes
marya11
Adept I

Jump to solution

Well, u have an R9, its better than mine (R7), so i dont know what can i recommend to you, because your system is recommending the 18.7.1, maybe try with 18.6.1, that version works for alexander88207. Maybe if u try 18.5 your system wont recognize the drivers (the same for me with 18.3). Just try and let us know. Remember to do a good uninstall of the 18.7 version, DDU is the best program for that

0 Likes