cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

bubboteam
Adept III

Re: Fortnite crashes and I get "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Jump to solution

Yes I know and I'm really fed up, I'm sick that a company does not have a direct channel with its users and that it puts us MONTHS to solve a problem (many times since 2018 they are not even resolved)
I do not understand why if I update the hardware, everything goes wrong and I have to go back to previous versions
and I'm sick of studying all the problems that arise with each update, if I wanted to become an IT technician I would go to school

AMD, EVERY UPDATE IN 2018 IS NIGHTMARE!!

ADRENALINE IS BIG BIG MISTAKE EVER! since the program was launched, the problems have arrived

0 Likes
bubboteam
Adept III

Re: Fortnite crashes and I get "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Jump to solution

the thing that makes me laugh is to think of all those who have already spent for the pass of the season 5 ... and can not play with it !! ahahahahah

0 Likes
alexander88207
Adept II

Jump to solution

now To the Defense of goodplay : a Graphic Driver Crash can causes also a BSOD too and he just wants to help.

and stop crying here if you hate ARSAE why you dont install 17.7.1?

If we don't want to get stuck in 17.7.1, we need to solve the problems!

pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

I get it man, I really do. I have 4 AMD cards in use right now, one is current gen RX580 and the driver updates seem to be making it better in general. The other three I can't even run the last 3 drivers in any capacity. Something is really broken. To me I have to think it's time to not do a unified driver for them maybe the need a separate driver for the different series? Maybe they just don't have the manpower to fix it. I never have believed it is the hardware. I have always though the AMD hardware good, and history supports this as the just keep getting better with age, until recently. It is very troubling to me as having been such a huge AMD support since their first 486 processors, and on the graphic side since them buying ATI.  For me having aquired to current gen Nvidia cards as well in the last 6 months and not because of the AMD issues more price and availability, but realizing the currently just seem to be plug and play and have had none of the headaches I had getting my RX 580 stable. Granted until a year ago March never had issues with the other AMD cards either. It's why I was never a part of this forum. I never needed to be. Although I have frequented other tech sites for years and still do.

It is easy to get emotional over these issues, they effect our quality of life and pocket books. Lets remember those helping you are just users like you, not the AMD employees you may be wishing to hold accountable for you aggravation.

I would ask you to remember that even when someone elses advice seems off topic they are TRYING TO HELP YOU. I have gotten good fixes from seemingly unrelated topics many times. Some times they get my brains wheels running on track. I can tell you for a fact goodplay is a good helper, if he offered you advice he thought it might help. There is no situation that is a bad thing. If you don't need or use someones advice just simply disregard it and move on. These forum conversations turn ugly way to fast, and we all can be better people than that. This world has more than enough "ugly" without our contributions. As that saying goes, " I think what you meant to say was, Thank you. "

alexander88207
Adept II

Jump to solution

Unbenannt.PNG

I close this messages Its still a little bit funny that 18.7.1 dont work for Win7

danidom
Adept I

Jump to solution

It does work!! just X out of the message and fortnite should start right up!!!

0 Likes
danidom
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thank you so much!! it really did work it was just that update that doesnt work for anyone what i did was uninstall the driver and redownloaded the driver then i downloaded the recommended driver which was  18.5.1

marya11
Adept I

Jump to solution

i dont konw if 18.6.1 version works for play Fortnite, but its for sure 18.5.1 does ! Try to ignore and close that warning and maybe Fortnite will run. Let me know if that version works for it! Good Luck

alexander88207
Adept II

Jump to solution

yeah but its funny that the launcher say use 18.7.1 but 18.7.1 dont work xD

bubboteam
Adept III

Jump to solution

man I totally agree with you, but when you spend 500 euros and things do not work for months and months after you've tried everything (DDU etc.) the situation becomes exasperating enough to force me to hate AMD, I can not do anything unfortunately, I have reported several times with reports the problems and nothing, since they wanted to put ADRENALINE the problems have arrived, little to do, as you rightly say you the only one would be to do two different management programs

0 Likes