I´m having the same issue with radeon r7 450 , tried with driver 18.5.1 but during the game crashs... with 18.7.1 no way to load the game... i paid a lot of money in this card i´m furious kkkk
windows 7 x64 - i7 3770 8gb hyperx MB asus
YEA SAME PROBLEM!!
another incredible update by AMD!! thank you!!
this year I realized that I will not give my money to this company, in addition to this nice mistake that does not start the game if not returning to the version before RELIVE still does not work properly
they are lucky that many people do not have money to report them
I get a the frustration of the issue. Especially when something worked and now doesn't. Just wanted to point out for all in this thread and all affected need to do this and that is file a bug report. AMD doesn't get your reports from these forums. The forums here are USER TO USER not AMD Employee to USER. So filing the bug reports is essential and the more they get the better. AMD Issue Reporting Form
People, I managed to solve, and this is what I did:
(my problem was game crashing after amd radeon driver 18.7.1 update)
1. Download the DDU program (Display Driver Uninstaller version 220.127.116.11) https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
2. Download the AMD Radeon driver version 18.5.1 (It is the last one that still supports Fortnite) https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...ase-Notes.aspx
3. Run the windows in Safe Mode
4. Once in safe mode, execute the DDU program and click on "Clean and Restart" * Your drivers will be uninstalled and the computer will reboot itself *
5. Once in the windows in Normal Mode, install the driver 18.5.1 that you downloaded in step 2.
6. During the installation, at the end they must reboot the pc.
This should work for you, because this version is compatible with Fortnite. The problem is when you try to write versions, jumping from one to the other, and worse if you have to go back to the previous one, and do not do a correct uninstall. In my case, I could not even uninstall version 18.7.1 ... I suffered a bit but I did it with that DDU program. AMD support told me via e-mail that they are aware of the situation and that they are working on it.
You can check the status of your graphics drivers by right clicking on the windows icon> Device Manager> Display Adapters. If a yellow exclamation mark comes out then something is not installed correctly.
Eye: The warning that you have to update the driver, will keep appearing when you try to open the Fortnite, just ignore it and close it. Do not update anything until AMD / Epic Games makes an official announcement about a new compatible and functional driver.
I hope it helps you :D!
Don't have the game myself, so don't know if this is related