cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

danidom
Adept I

Re: Fortnite crashes and I get "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Jump to solution

yeah this happend to me since the new update i hate it

marya11
Adept I

Re: Fortnite crashes and I get "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Jump to solution

it wont work, i have win10 and i had the same problem x.x

0 Likes
marya11
Adept I

Jump to solution

it wont work, i have win10 and i had the same problem x.x

0 Likes
bigorrilho
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I´m having the same issue with radeon r7 450 , tried with driver 18.5.1 but during the game crashs...  with 18.7.1  no way to load the game... i paid a lot of money in this card i´m furious kkkk

windows 7 x64 - i7 3770 8gb hyperx MB asus

bubboteam
Adept III

Jump to solution

YEA SAME PROBLEM!!

another incredible update by AMD!! thank you!!

this year I realized that I will not give my money to this company, in addition to this nice mistake that does not start the game if not returning to the version before RELIVE still does not work properly

they are lucky that many people do not have money to report them

INDECENT!

pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

I get a the frustration of the issue. Especially when something worked and now doesn't. Just wanted to point out for all in this thread and all affected need to do this and that is file a bug report. AMD doesn't get your reports from these forums. The forums here are USER TO USER  not AMD Employee to USER. So filing the bug reports is essential and the more they get the better. AMD Issue Reporting Form

marya11
Adept I

Jump to solution

People, I managed to solve, and this is what I did:

(my problem was game crashing after amd radeon driver 18.7.1 update)

1. Download the DDU program (Display Driver Uninstaller version 17.0.9.0) https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

2. Download the AMD Radeon driver version 18.5.1 (It is the last one that still supports Fortnite) https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...ase-Notes.aspx

3. Run the windows in Safe Mode

4. Once in safe mode, execute the DDU program and click on "Clean and Restart" * Your drivers will be uninstalled and the computer will reboot itself *

5. Once in the windows in Normal Mode, install the driver 18.5.1 that you downloaded in step 2.

6. During the installation, at the end they must reboot the pc.

This should work for you, because this version is compatible with Fortnite. The problem is when you try to write versions, jumping from one to the other, and worse if you have to go back to the previous one, and do not do a correct uninstall. In my case, I could not even uninstall version 18.7.1 ... I suffered a bit but I did it with that DDU program. AMD support told me via e-mail that they are aware of the situation and that they are working on it.

You can check the status of your graphics drivers by right clicking on the windows icon> Device Manager> Display Adapters. If a yellow exclamation mark comes out then something is not installed correctly.

Eye: The warning that you have to update the driver, will keep appearing when you try to open the Fortnite, just ignore it and close it. Do not update anything until AMD / Epic Games makes an official announcement about a new compatible and functional driver.

I hope it helps you :D!

goodplay
MVP

Jump to solution

Don't have the game myself, so don't know if this is related

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/8zw6dk/bsod_on_fortnite_launch/

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Likes
alexander88207
Adept II

Jump to solution

Our Problem is not related to BattlEye.

0 Likes
bubboteam
Adept III

Jump to solution
we are not so naive as not to find such a solution, not blue screen is the problem and it is not connected to Battleye, next time try reading the topic

0 Likes