cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

z3r0___
Journeyman III

Fortnite crashes and I get "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Jump to solution

When I play fortnite, and only fortnite, my game crashes, I get a black screen on both my monitors and i get an error that display drivers have stopped responding and have recovered. Now, the situation is that whenever I launch fortnite, my monitors go black and i get the same error. I have tried to play other games, such as Rust and Minecraft and I get no errors.

Specs:

Sapphire R9 290

Xeon E5630 @ 2.53 GHz, 4 cores

8 GB ram

Win7

I have not overclocked or done anything to this graphics card to make performance better. I have cleaned out the dust from it, to get nothing. I have made sure I have the latest drivers (18.7.1) at the time of posting this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it helps I try to make my temps not go over 90 degrees. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Fortnite crashes and I get "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Jump to solution

This issue should be resolved in Adrenalin 18.8.1.

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 Release Notes | AMD

Fixed Issues

• Fortnite™ may experience an application crash on game launch in Windows®7.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
96 Replies
alexander88207
Adept II

Re: Fortnite crashes and I get "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Jump to solution

Same Problem here RX 570  with Win7 Drivers

please report here so that the error received more attention https://community.amd.com/external-link.jspa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amd.com%2Freport

This only affects the Win7 Version!

0 Kudos
masterchief36
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I'm getting the exact same error as you 2, and it's annoying as all hell, what can we do about it? Is there a solution of some sort?

0 Kudos
z3r0___
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I think I may have solved it. Run regedit, and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, go to CurrentControlSet, go to GraphicsDrivers, and then go to AdditionalModeLists, and set the hexadecimal value to TdrDelay to 60 by double clicking TdrDelay.

0 Kudos
z3r0___
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

See my reply to alexander88207

0 Kudos
masterchief36
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hold on, when I go to the addiontalmodelists I don't see a TdrDelay, do I have to make one? This fix isn't working for me.

0 Kudos
z3r0___
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

It dosen't work. It worked for about 2 days. I'm not sure what to do

0 Kudos
paska01
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.

I went in the config pannel and deleted AMD software and now I can play fortnite. I don't think it is a longterm way to fix the problem, but I can play for now.

win 7 64 bits.

RX 480 graphic cards

FX 8320

0 Kudos
alexander88207
Adept II

Jump to solution

We only can go back to 18.6.1

Use DDU to uninstall the current driver

0 Kudos
z3r0___
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I tried that, but the thing is that i would like to use both my monitors

0 Kudos