Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

zanzibarwinds
Journeyman III

Forced to play in windowed mode - RX 5700 XT

Hi

I just got rid of my Nvidia 1070 8GB OC and bought the Radeon RX 5700 XT

Installed latest drivers and software as per the AMD Software and also uninstalled the old NVidia drivers using DDU with reboots in between.

All my games are forcing me to play in Windowed mode. If I swtich to Fullscreen or Windowed Borderless the rendering stops. The game still is running, just the picture is frozen, changing to windowed in game allows me to play.

If I alt tab out and back into the game the picture responds for about 1-2 seconds and then is frozen again.

Only by editing game settings and changing to windowed can I do anything.

Note this issues occurs at all resolutions and for ALL games (RDR2, Mech Warrior 5, Hunt showdown, Total War Warhammer 2, even Stellaris), regardless.

Changing between DX12 and Vulcan drivers makes no difference (In Red Dead Redemption 2)

System Spec:

Windows 10, fully up to date

CPU, M/board and Ram:ADMI CPU Motherboard Bundle: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 cores, 4.2GHz boost, MSI B450 Tomahawk Motherboard, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM 

GPU: PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Devil 8GB GDDR6 HDMI/3xDP Video Card 

Bios is latestest, I bought the motherboard/cpu bundle only 2 months ago and it was flashed on receiving it.

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Are you using driver version 19.12.3, which was just released and includes a number of fixes?

0 Likes
zanzibarwinds
Journeyman III

No, this all happened a couple hours before that release, I will update later tonight, thanks.

John

0 Likes