Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

brianzim87
Adept I

Flickering Textures radeon 5700.

https://youtu.be/AF7OL0pxI40

So I've been holding out hope that eventually we'd receive a fix for this issue. I am not well versed in drivers or issues like this and how they're caused but it happens in every game I play. Foliage and shadows are constantly flickers. The videos do not do the issue justice as the video quality seems to dampen the impact of the flickering. Its not solely on foliage either. It happens on shadows, edges of buildings and things like that. Whenever I move its a constant barrage of flickering. 

Its frustrating watching streams or gameplay videos where people have this butter smooth visual and I'm left with this. Prior to me purchasing the 5700 last year I had a nvidia 1070 and can't ever recall noticing this.

I've tried graphical settings in game, settings in the amd control panel nothing helps unless I'm just missing something.

https://youtu.be/AF7OL0pxI40

1 Solution
brianzim87
Adept I

Well it seems I've solved my own issue here after hours of digging. Apparently the way AMD cards handle DirectX 11 (and possibly lower editions) is god awful. I went ahead and used the DXVK api for the game and lo and behold, SIGNIFICANTLY less flickers, no more camera stuttering etc etc. A complete night and day difference. So any of you out there struggling with this, look into the graphical API's that people create. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
brianzim87
Adept I

Well it seems I've solved my own issue here after hours of digging. Apparently the way AMD cards handle DirectX 11 (and possibly lower editions) is god awful. I went ahead and used the DXVK api for the game and lo and behold, SIGNIFICANTLY less flickers, no more camera stuttering etc etc. A complete night and day difference. So any of you out there struggling with this, look into the graphical API's that people create. 

0 Likes

How did you proceed to use DXVK for FF14 on windows? I have the same problem as you with a 6700 XT!

0 Likes