cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Jonesshane18
Adept I

First time upgrading a PC.

First time going for an upgrade and looking for advice. Any help would be great. I'm looking to upgrade to a better graphics card to a GTX 3060Ti or something close that's compatible with what I have and wanted to know more info. Thanks!!
My specs are:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 (4.2FHz turbo) 6 core
w/  Cooler Master i71C CPU Air Cooler
motherboard: GIGABYTE B450M DS3H WIFI MICRO ATX ARGB
Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4/3000MHz
GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5
600Watts 80 Plus Gold Power Supply

0 Likes
5 Replies
sfceric64
Adept II

Well I'm a noob but if you haven't thought about it you may have to upgrade your power supply as well, depending on what GPU you decide to upgrade to.

The 3060Ti looks like a nice GPU and would be a logical upgrade for your system, imo. The 2060/2070 or 2060super/2070super might be good choices as well.  

Thanks I will look into that as well. What power supply is recommended for a 3060Ti? 

0 Likes

According to Nvidia for the RTX3060 ti you will need a minimum PSU of 600 Watts.  But the one you now have the RTX1660 requires a minimum PSU of 450 Watts.

According to this tech site review on the Ryzen 3600, the processor uses at idle 104 Watts while under Stress it uses 181 Watts (Stock Speeds).

The RTX3060ti, depending on which model you purchase, can use under load anywhere from 224 Watts to 256 Watts.

But I do suggest you upgrade your PSU, if it is within your budget, to a Metal rated PSU of at least 850 Watts for future upgrades and to prevent any power issues even though 600 Watt PSU should be adequate for your System.

Before purchasing make sure the 3060ti will fit in your computer case

Thank you! I don't plan on running my pc at full strength so my PSU should be okay running the required specs for the 3060ti? But Ill definitely line up upgrading the PSU down the road as I get more into it.

0 Likes

@Jonesshane18 wrote:

Thank you! I don't plan on running my pc at full strength so my PSU should be okay running the required specs for the 3060ti? But Ill definitely line up upgrading the PSU down the road as I get more into it.

You power supply should be enough.

If you do run into trouble with it shutting down under heavy load then look for an upgrade.