cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ceruttipartner
Journeyman III

Firepro V5900 and LoadLibrary

Hello there I want to share a CAD workstation with other non-CAD devices via remote desktop. Now I get the message "LoadLibrary failed with error 87: wrong parameter" The CAD software cannot be started. The system: CPU: Intel i7 6700 MB: GA-Z170X-UD3 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: AMD FirePro V5900 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1909 I installed the latest drivers. Please help

0 Likes
2 Replies

Found this 2 Tech site that mentions that error:

This one seems to be the most relevant and newest concerning your error: "LoadLibrary failed with error 87" when launching AutoCAD | AutoCAD | Autodesk Knowledge Network 

This one is older and mentions several Troubleshooting steps if it occurs with Autodesk program: 8 Ways to Fix Loadlibrary Failed with Error 87 in Windows 10 

According to AMD Download page, Your Firepro V5900 is under "Legacy Products" which means it is not supported with updated drivers. The last driver for Windows 10 is from 2017: https://www.amd.com/en/support/professional-graphics/legacy-products/firepro-v-series/firepro-v5900 

EDIT: Use this basic method to remove all traces of the AMD Driver:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

It works
Thanks a lot elstaci