cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pan6467
Adept II

Finally have a graphics card RX 580 that works to some degree need help on games

I have read another thread from awhile ago and tried the "fixes" BUT it still is not working for even the simplest of games (like Facebook). 

I want to keep the RX 580 because it is better than the GTX 1060 and so much cheaper. BUT I also want to game. I can't if it keeps crashing (monitor will go black (sometimes white then black) and I have to restart. Upon restart I get "Default Radeon Wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure". Like I said I saw a thread that was actually labelled that and tried the suggested fixes but it hasn't helped. I have tried uninstalling by physically taking it out, deleting all files (even MSI) and then reinstalling and I get the same thing

I'm running an i5 6600, 16GB 24000 Ballistix, MSI Z170 Gaming M5, EVGA 500W Bronze. I have checked the HDMI cable and it seems to be fine (works great when running off the CPU). 

Is there a fix or is this just a bad card (it was refurbished) and bought from Newegg. I am getting tired of returning these cards. I have been at this for over 6 months and really just want to game.

0 Likes
20 Replies