Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dustbag69
Adept I

Faulty Vega 64?

Hi,

I recently tried to update the drivers on my Sapphire Vega 64+ which I have done many times but this time after rebooting when I clicked on the Radeon icon in the taskbar it said.

""No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware."

I have tried every fix I could find and I even did a clean install of Windows but when I installed the driver I got the same message.

To test my system I tried a spare Radeon 480 I had in the same PC and it installed correctly and worked fine. After uninstalling this I tried the Vega 64 and once again I got the same error message.

At this stage I think it is a faulty graphics card unless someone can suggest another possible explanation?

Thanks

0 Likes
7 Replies

What OS build vers. number, does device manager show yellow triangle for the card, and/or error, what driver vers. is shown in it ? 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Hi,

Windows 10 Pro Ver 1809

AMD driver version 19.5.2

After installing the graphics driver and rebooting when I look at Device manager the graphics card is listed as "RX Vega" with a yellow exclamation mark beside it.

As I mentioned in my original post I have tried a different graphics card in the same system and it worked perfectly. The Vega 64 has worked for approx. 4 months and now suddenly it will not let me install the drivers.

I still get a display with the Vega 64 but if I try to do anything like gaming it says there is no graphics driver installed.

I have not tried putting the Vega 64 into a different PC as I don't have one suitable but I could try and do this if you think it could be something else other than the graphics card (e.g. Motherboard, HDD??)

Thank you

0 Likes

is there a driver offered on windows update for the vega 64?

0 Likes

What error shows in device status when you open properties from device manager,

And you didn't say what driver/where from, is shown in it.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Hi,

This is the error message I get when I click on the Radeon Settings icon in the bottom right of the taskbar and select "Open Radeon Settings"

Error message.PNG

This is how it is displayed in "Device Manager" after installing the drivers from AMD website:-

Device Manager.PNG

This is the error code I have when I click on Properties in Device Manager

Device manager error code.PNG

Do you think this looks like a problem with the graphics card or do you think it is more likely to be something else?

Thanks

0 Likes

code 43 usually suggests a failure

0 Likes

Some code 43 fix suggestions,

Check mobo bios settings for initial display first (or similar wording), if on auto change to pcie/peg ? or change back to auto ?

Reset bios, remove mobo battery for a few minutes then put back in.

In device manager right click the device > scan for hardware changes

If the graphics card vbios has been modded/changed/replaced.

That's all i can suggest, RMA would be next.

0 Likes