Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fouseyatwood
Journeyman III

Faulty Sensors? Unable to play games.

Hi guys

I have a Lenovo z51-70 laptop with 4gb of AMD r9 m375 graphics. The problem is when i play games when power cable is connected, the game runs smoothly (around 5 secs.) and then lags VERY BAD (20 secs) then again runs smoothly then again lags very bad. This cycle continues and when i remove power cable, the game constantly runs slow butnot as slow as when it lags during power connected. I also found that the GPU readings came in gaps (or pulses) when checked in GPU-Z (Image attached) and also the reading comes ONLY WHEN THE BAR COMES otherwise its blank stating 0 and -, the bar comes at intervals of around 10 secs. Please help me out with this. Will be happy to provide any more info if required.

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies

Need some more information:

What Windows version do you have installed?

What CPU/APU do your have installed (Intel or AMD)?

What AMD Driver do you have installed?

Here is Lenovo Support Driver Download for the Z51-70 Laptop: laptops and netbooks :: lenovo z series laptops :: z51 70 Lenovo PC Support - us . See if you have any outdated drivers that you can update on your laptop.

0 Likes

Thanks for replying. My windows version is 1803 (OS build 17134.228)

I have an intel i7 -5500U processor with a AMD Radeon r9 m375 4GB inbuilt graphics card.

0 Likes

Since you have an Intel APU the only AMD driver you need to download and install is the R9 m375 which you can do from here: AMD Radeon™ R9 M375 Drivers & Support | AMD .

Use this method by kingfish​ to install the AMD Graphics on your laptop: Laptop graphics update...How to . Follow the directions carefully.