Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

zcastagna
Journeyman III

Fan stop not working (Gigabyte 5700 XT)

Hi,

I just got the 5700 XT OC and I am noticing that the fan stop function doesn't actually work at idle (drops down to around 20% and Gigabyte claims it should stop when it's cool). I've got the latest 19.9.2 drivers from AMD as well. I have afterburner installed and I am running a -100mV undervolt (peak target frequency undervolt) and at idle the card sits sub 40c.
I downloaded the Aorus engine tool and it says the BIOS of the card is F2. I noticed that on their website that there is an FA0 BIOS. Should this be updated? I've never updated a vBIOS before so I am hesitant to potentially break something. I do recall AMD breaking fan stop previously when I had my RX 570. Also using latest version of windows 10.
0 Likes
5 Replies
zcastagna
Journeyman III

Update: reinstalled the drivers and without making any changes in Wattman, the zero-RPM feature seems to work UNTIL you make changes based on my sample size of 1.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

GPU BIOS update has little risk. Because with an integrated GPU system, original BIOS can easily be installed even if GPU BIOS is damaged. Also your fan problem is probably driver-releated, not about GPU BIOS.

So do AMD support look at these forums? Is there a way to submit a bug report?

0 Likes

Run Radeon Settings software and follow this way:
Preferences > Report Issues Online > Desktop

0 Likes
curse127
Adept III

This is a driver bug. It intercepts fan control for any interference with the wattman.
I sent letters to AMD. But this is not the main problem today.
You can activate manual fan control and reduce the minimum speed to 17%. Below it is impossible. This is the reason.

0 Likes