cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

TamnaSidharth
Journeyman III

Fan noise on laptops with AMD graphics cards

Windows 10 operating system is installed on my laptop (Sony VAIO). And when I bought the laptop, Windows 7 was installed on it. Here's my problem. There are two graphics cards on the laptop. One is Intel HD Graphics 3000 and the other is "AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M" series graphics cards.

Whenever I open and shutdown my laptop or open any program (such as Google, PyCharm, VMware, etc.) my laptop fan starts making a lot of noise (badly, similar to the noise in server cases). But there is no cleaning problem. How many times have I cleaned the flower-like fan on the motherboard, lubricated the motor of the fan, made a thermal paste, briefly cleaned all kinds of things. I also installed Windows 10 from scratch. It also has 8 GB RAM, 256 GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO installed. Site

My processor is i5-2410M. Licensed Windows 10 Pro. All drivers are installed. I think the problem is with the graphics card (I'm just thinking, but can't find a solution). I don't work with graphics (Photoshop, CorelDraw (I don't play any games)). If I turn off any of the graphics cards, will my problem be solved? If I turn it off, which one is recommended to turn off?

If this is not the solution, how can I solve my problem? Because the noise is now mentally penetrating my brain and getting on my nerves.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

Since this is a Sony laptop, I would suggest you reach out their support department.