Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

javimoya
Adept I

Fan and heatsink compatible with AMD Firepro W4100 card

Hi,

The AMD W4100 fan is much noiser every day. So I would like to install a extra fan as quiet as possible.

I don´t know what brands of fans could be compatible.

Does anybody could help me, please?

Thanks in advance.@

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Artic customer support said:  We are sorry that Accelero S3 is not compatible as FirePro W4100 is a half width board, it does not fit the backside cooler.

So that I bought a smaller fan:  https://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/accelero-mono-plus.html

DSC_0074.JPG

The graphics card used to work at 50 degrees with the small AMD fan off, but now it is amazing: with the Artic fan working on the minimum rate the graphics card hardly reaches 30 degrees. Artic accelero is absolutely silent.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
rdnpr
Adept I

Should be covered by AMDs warranty.

If you're interested in going passive and have enough room:

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=arctic-accelero-s3&num=1

Arctic Accelero S3 passive Heatsink for AMD cards

Accelero S3 | Passive VGA Cooler for AMD / NVIDIA up to 135 W TDP | ARCTIC

Should work but will break warranty...

Maybe AMD consideres a heatsink edition of the WX series next time.

Not sure whether this post will be censored

0 Likes

The AMD chart is out of warranty. Thank you very much for the help. I have reviewed the information and Artic Cooler 3 looks great. I have to check the box to see if there is enough space.

Thank you very much once more. I'll let you know if I can install it.

Are there any other options in case the box do not have enough space for Artic Cooler 3, please? 

0 Likes

You're welcome. I don't know of any other options than to rip off the cooler of this AMD Radeon™ RX 460 4GB Heatsink -  RX-460P4HFG5 and to put it on wx4100...

Or use an old cooler from another AMD GPU. This should be a standard layout. Youtube has plenty of vids.

Let me know how it all went out...

Photos much appreciated.

0 Likes

I've seen pci-e extension cables and I think that's going to be the solution. Install the graphic in another location to have enough space and be able to install the Artic Cooler S3 fan.

Photos much appreciated

Please let me know what you mean due to my English skills are not as good as I want, sorry.

0 Likes

Hi javimoya.

If you can please post pictures of "wx4100 + Arctic Cooler S3"  or upload a video on youtube.

like this:

Passively Cooled RX 470 with Accelero S3 - YouTube

Have fun

0 Likes

Hi,

Artic customer support said:  We are sorry that Accelero S3 is not compatible as FirePro W4100 is a half width board, it does not fit the backside cooler.

So that I bought a smaller fan:  https://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/accelero-mono-plus.html

DSC_0074.JPG

The graphics card used to work at 50 degrees with the small AMD fan off, but now it is amazing: with the Artic fan working on the minimum rate the graphics card hardly reaches 30 degrees. Artic accelero is absolutely silent.

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

MODERATOR NOTE:  I am glad to see you have resolved your issue. To help keep this post on topic and help other with a similar issue, I am locking this thread.

0 Likes