cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

jochemr
Adept I

Re: Fallout 4 downclocking

Both RadeonPro and ClockBlocker work, however RadeonPro supports over/underclocking while clockblocker only allows running at factory clockspeeds (I prefer RadeonPro for this reason). Thanks for your input though

0 Kudos
zerowalker
Adept I

Ah, you mean specific overdrive mode?
That's very true, thought you just were interested in "prevent downclocking", which ClockBlocker (as the name states) is made for;P

But just glad i could give some information that might have been of any use, thanks for the appreciated response:)

0 Kudos
donta1979
Elite

Yeah i love clockblocker for its anti screen corruption capabilities, I have had no luck with it improving performance in games and apps.  Have to use the OP's option to get performance in my games and apps that only RadeonPro is offering.

0 Kudos
zerowalker
Adept I

I actually had good experience when it comes to frame timing.
I had 60fps but the clock were like super low, 300-600mhz (985mhz max).
And i thought it was weird that it was so stutterish.

However running at max clock completely fixed though timings:)
But then again, that's precisely as RadeonPro would. But it's one of those "Downclocking" stuff i dislike.

0 Kudos
triasalt
Adept I

After correct uninstalling 16.1, and install Radeon Crimson 16.1.1.

Included Crossfire 60-80 fps, but the texture disappear. Is a pity, delighted Crossfire. I had to turn off the Crossfire settings.

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

We have just updated the Crimson 16.1.1 Hotfix driver to address the flickering experienced when AMD Crossfire is enabled.

Please download the driver once again and reinstall it to address the issue.

radeon_user88
Journeyman III

Hi donta1979, this may be an old post but I wanted to thanks you for the guide, very helpful !

0 Kudos