cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

raitulsams
Adept I

Facing VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (Sometimes black screen crash) in my 5500XT. I have tried gpu driver version 20.2.1, 20.2.2, 20.4.1, 20.4.2, and 20.5.1. Is there anyone facing the same problem? Feel free to give any suggestions.

Facing VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (Sometimes black screen crash) in my 5500XT. I have tried gpu driver version 20.2.1, 20.2.2, 20.4.1, 20.4.2, and 20.5.1. Is there anyone facing the same problem? Feel free to give any suggestions.

0 Likes
5 Replies
amdog
Adept I

Need to give more context, i would suggest a workaround that is making a custom profile for the application that gives you the error and set a minimum frequency of 100% plus memory timings level 1 or 2. on drivers 20.4.2.

0 Likes

Problem 1: While using pc it suddenly turned off and do not wake up. I saw on my motherboard there is a red led light show up in ez debug mode section. (After a fresh windows setup and driver)

Problem 2: while entering any games It shut down automatically and comes up with blue screen showing VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys). Even affter working in illustrator/photoshop for a little time get the same blue screen with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE.

I did a lot of research what casing that problem but I get nothing. Even I tried many stuff but nothing works out.

So can you suggest me what to do?

0 Likes
cobray
Journeyman III

Afraid everyone having the same problem. That problem seems to be away now with my 5600xt but im not sure how but I'm having another problem now. Afraid all 5500 5600 5700 all have problems tho 5700 seems to be getting better.

Try a removal of all overlay software an security software. Helped with one game for me.

0 Likes

What do you mean by overlay software? I have zero knowledge on it.

0 Likes

e.g afterburner anything that tell you your fps.

0 Likes