Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Sulius
Adept I

Eyefinity not working with 2xDP and 1xHDMI

Hi everyone,

for quite some time I have tried to get Eyefinity working with my setup, without success. I have an RX 6800 and two monitors are connected via DisplayPort and one of the via HDMI. However, the Eyefinity option does not show up in the Radeon software. If I unplug the HDMI monitor (Asus VE278H) the Eyefinity option suddenly appears. Directly replugging the HDMI monitor does not help as the option disappears again. "EyefinityPro.exe" also only finds 2 monitors when all three of them are connected.

I have heard about a problem that Eyefinity only works with two or less unpowered video signals, but this is not the case here, so I am a bit clueless at the moment. Any ideas? I could try connecting the third monitor with an HDMI->USB-C cable but I doubt that this will fix the problem. The third monitor does not have a DP input.

Drivers, Windows Update etc. are recent.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sulius
Adept I

Okay, so I just tested it with the USB-C connection, but it still does not work. Maybe it has something to do with my monitor?

0 Likes

I found the solution: A clean install via DDU helped. Pretty weird as I already did this a few weeks ago but I am not going to complain

0 Likes

Thanks for posting the solution anyway!

I have a question, since I'm also going to use Eyefinity with 3 monitors with 2xDP and 1xHDMI. Can you activate Freesync on all 3 monitors with such a configuration? On Nvidia cards, I know they all have to be 3x DP, but I don't know if AMD offers broader compatibility since it's native.

0 Likes