Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

swiftlaker
Adept I

Extremely low performance with 5700xt

Hi guys

I've been having ongoing issues with my MSI 5700xt MECH OC with ridiculously low performance, and I just don't know what it is. I've been meaning to send my card back for warranty but I don't have a spare to plug in and I wasn't sure if I'd still be able to use display to my monitors as I am just around the corner from my exams!

Shadow of the Tomb Raider, according to other similar benchmarks, I should be hitting at least 70fps average in SOTR at 1440p:

Radeon RX 5700 XT vs Shadow of the Tomb Raider | FPS Benchmark (Ryzen 5 2600X O.C) - YouTube 

I am getting 45fps average! See the image below: 

This is not an isolated issue to SOTR, but also to other games I have tried including Borderlands 3, Call of Duty Warzone, Age of Empires 2 of all things, and even League of Legends that I have posted about before. 

I am running these games off of an NVME SSD, and I have tried plugging in 2 dedicated 6 pin connectors from my PSU to the card with no avail. 

Do you guys have any ideas? 

0 Likes
2 Replies
swiftlaker
Adept I

also, SOTR won't let me enable 144hz, any ideas?

0 Likes
titanarchon
Journeyman III

I fixed ALL of my issues manually setting the PCIE slot to gen3. I mean ALL of my issues went away. I had crashes, skips, black screens, reboots, and unstable operation of all my overlays. Changing this fixed it for me. Please let me know if it helps!

0 Likes