cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dnrertl
Journeyman III

Experiencing issues with RX 5700

I recently bought a new AMD setup and, since then, I'm having issues when running any task where the GPU is extensively used, mainly playing games. Usually, my PC would just freeze and then restart after a few seconds, but for specific games (GTA V and Red Dead Redemption 2 so far) I would get the following error:

ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT

I have dual-boot configuration with Ubuntu alongside Windows and I experienced the same issue (freeze and restart) once on Ubuntu aswell while watching Youtube videos.

Also, sometimes I can play for hours without any issue, but even then I get a weird issue where the GPU usage goes to 0% and the game freezes for a few seconds (checked with Radeon software overlay).

My setup:

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus/BR

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: HyperX Fury, 8GB, 2400MHZ, DDR4

GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5700 Gaming OC, 8GB

PSU: XFX XTR2 850w

I have updated my BIOS to latest version and my GPU drivers are Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2.

I've tried following a lot of guides that I've found in similar questions on this forum for two weeks but nothing seems to fix it. Overall, when the GPU is working correctly, I'm extremely happy with it's performance and it strikes me as a very good board but these issues are really getting in the way of having a enjoyable experience.

Any idea?

Thanks!

2 Replies
SilentResident
Journeyman III

I am experiencing the exact same error (ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT) on the same game (GTAV) and I am using the same video card (AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT). And it seems I am sharing the same motherboard as the OP.

However I was a Windows 10 (and since recently Windows 11) user and the problem with GTAV crashing, persists regardless of Windows version.

My setup:

GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9GHz

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WI-FI)

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16GB DDR4 RAM

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD 2TB

PSU: Corsair TX-M Series TX650M 650W Semi Modular 80 Plus Gold

0 Likes