Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Saider
Adept I

Expectation Ryzen 7 4000 series - BG3 and DOS2

Hi There,

I just purchase a Dell G5 laptop to play. I chose the AMD version with Ryzen 7 4800H with 16GB or RAM. I am no expert in hardware and gaming in general. I followed a few tutorial on how to set your AMD graphics. I downloaded AMD adrenaline and downloaded the latest drivers.

I am trying to play Baldur's Gate 3 and Divinity Original Sin 2. I set the graphics in game to Medium and my average FPS is between 15 and 20fps for both games. I was very underwhelmed with the performance. I also made sure that all other software are closed and that the computer is plugged in.

Is this to be expected with the current Hardware?

I even tried very low setting for both game and hardly hit the 20+fps.

I don't really know what to do hence my post to this forum.

Alex

0 Likes
4 Replies

You may be better asking on the official developer game forum about expected performance from a laptop.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Hi Goodplay,

Thanks, I'll do that!

Cheers,

Alex

0 Likes
Saider
Adept I

Actually the problem is that my graphic card RX 5600M is not detected by my computer. I get an error message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". 

I tried uninstalling the drivers and re-installing through the latest version of Adrenalin but the issue is still there. Even Adrenalin does not detect the graphic card instead it says GPU = AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics.

0 Likes

For troubleshooting i would suggest you reinstall the drivers from Dell, if you still have a code 43 with those you should contact  their support for help.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes