NukyCola
Journeyman III

Every game keeps crashing with RX 6600 XT

my specs:

gpu: asus radeon RX 6600 XT 

cpu: amd ryzen 5600x

psu: 750W

Ram: 16gb

I upgraded my pc a while ago and since day one I have gotten crashes to desktop with every game. I even got a new version of the Rx 6600 xt and even then it still crashes. I have tried reinstalling drivers, I updated everything, every basic solution I have tried but nothing works. Please help im losing my mind.

0 Likes
1 Solution

What fixed it for me was upgrading my ram I had 16gb 2666hz then upgraded to 32gb 3200hz. I dont know of the increase in size and speed helped or if my ram was just faulty. But the thing that was weird is that windows didnt find any issues with my ram. Maybe just try another kit of ram if you are lucky enough to have one.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the club. Today I installed the 11/21/1 Radeon driver, as always without the adrenaline software. Where else my Cyberpunk 2077 crashed at some point with the standard setting Kerntakt 2100 and Kernvoltage 1184, it ran without any problems, previously with KT 1350 and KV 1100 as well. Update Windows, chipset driver at AMD Support, then switch off the automatic update, the device installation setting to no and download the 21.11.1. Deactivate the network card in hardware, this prevents the installation of Microsoft drivers after deleting in safe mode with DDD or AMDcleanup and restarting. Now just install the driver under options and restart, now activate the network card. I use the MSI Afterburner and FurMark for my RX5700XT. In the GPU-Z button lookup you can view your manufacturer-specific graphics card data and compare it with the standard setting of the Radeon driver. With the Afterburner you can save 5 graphic profiles and test them with FurMark. In any case, reduce the core voltage with a lower core clock, and in the Afterburner settings user mode, at most reference design and set all ticks, important force constant voltage. This is how I do it and I have such stable Windows and good gaming.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately Cyberpunk 2077 just crashed with the default setting, so again KT 1350 and KV 1100.

0 Likes

what was the solution (if any)? i just finsihed my new pc build and every game i play for minutes before it crashes

What does KT 1350 and KV 1100 mean, im new, help

0 Likes
tanishjain11
Journeyman III

Did u solve this issue? if so can u please help, i am losing my mind over this, its been 5 months, ive sent the card to msi for repair 4 times and they havent done anything. anything will help, please. i have the same specs as you

0 Likes

What fixed it for me was upgrading my ram I had 16gb 2666hz then upgraded to 32gb 3200hz. I dont know of the increase in size and speed helped or if my ram was just faulty. But the thing that was weird is that windows didnt find any issues with my ram. Maybe just try another kit of ram if you are lucky enough to have one.

0 Likes

Thx for your reply, but I alredy fixed the issue and it was the ram. I was tinking about what was wrong and then it hit me. I had a crash even in CSGO and it barely utilizes my GPU. And then I remembered that while I was going trough BIOS I raised the frequensy of my ram but didn't change the timings (prety dumb actualy because the standard timings were cl15 which is prety low for 3200 mhz). Soooo, I went to BIOS and changed the frequency back and after that no crashes at all. 

So if you have the old ram try it but with different timings, it may be still good.

And for others, if you have crashes with an AMD GPU don't blame the GPU emediately as I did. Yes AMD does not have the best drivers but there may be another issue that causes you problems.

Also, windows is prety bad at testing ram, if you want to test your ram, try something like TestMem5.

0 Likes

Don't put your answer as a solution everywhere. I got the same issue and 32 GB RAM. 1000w Corsair PSU. Just stop it. Only changed the card. And everything is up-to-date, uninstalled and reinstalled. Everything disabled and enabled in steam. It's just a terrible card and no support of AMD. I was loyal to them for 15 or 20 years, but thats finished now. I build my own servers and computers. Do you see your solution is working somewhere else? And no, everything is not speeded-up. Everything is default.

0 Likes

try turning off the turbo mode or auto overclock of your cpu in bios. it worked for me

0 Likes
junnpogi
Journeyman III

I have the same issue with my new RX 6600 almost all games I play crash. tried everything even the tutorials what fixes you can do? eventually, I found out for my computer anyway. I need to turn off turbo mode for the CPU setting in bios. I'm using an i7 9400k with Asus prime  H310M-E R2.0 mobo 2666 Kingston 2x 16Gb ram. and every game works now.

0 Likes