cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

stunnop
Journeyman III

error load library 87 : parameter incorrect

this error appears on start of my laptop (integrated ryzen cpu graphics + nvidia card) and as dfar as I can tell the integrated graphics are as good as disabled ; everything uses the nvidia card by default suddenly. I've downloaded all the BIOS, amd and nvidia drivers suggested on the manufacturer website and that seemed to fix it temporarily ; but now it's back and makes the laptop's battery unsustainable due to the nvidia card being permanently activated. The error reappears if I try and open the software "amd radeon settings" . Help ? 

0 Likes
16 Replies

Can you post the exact Laptop model you have (Serial Number if possible) to see what GPUs you have installed?

What does Device Manager under "Display Adapters" show?  Both the integrated AMD and Discrete Nvidia GPUs?

I would install your laptop's AMD APU Graphics driver to see if it fixes the problem. Even if it is out-dated.

Use the following basic method to remove and install the AMD driver:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

If it fixes the problem then most likely it is AMD generic laptop driver not being 100% compatible with your laptop. Even though you can try and install it again to see if the problem reoccurs.

Also check in Windows Settings to make sure both the integrated Graphics and discrete Graphics are enabled.

0 Likes

the laptop is HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0003nf. (serial : 5CD93893BJ) I tried installing the drivers suggested here : pastedImage_4.png

device manager : 

pastedImage_3.png

what do you mean by APU graphics driver ? Also : 

elstaci a écrit:

the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. 

Do you mean the express installation option that will come up (if so what am I customising in the custom install) or have I got the wrong download ? i'm downloading this ( my processor) : https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-mobile-processors-radeon-vega-gr... 

0 Likes

First I would make sure you have the latest BIOS installed version F.05A.

Make sure you have the latest Version of Windows installed (1909) and fully updated via Windows Update and download that Graphics driver for 1909 version from HP: HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0003nf Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support 

According to HP it mentions that it provides both GPUs graphics driver. Not sure it that means it also installs the Nvidia Graphic driver for your Nvidia GPU: Driver - HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0003nf | HP® Customer Support 

I would also download the Nvidia GPU graphics. but I would first install the HP AMD driver first and see if everything work correctly.

These HP Graphic drivers (AMD & NVIDIA) are 100% compatible and customized to work with your specific laptop whereas AMD generic drivers will work but may not be 100% compatible with all the features of your laptop.

Install those HP GPU Drivers first just to see and make sure your laptop starts working correctly.  Install both using the method I posted earlier.

I wouldn't try to install the AMD generic APU driver (Ryzen) until your laptop is working correctly first with the HP Graphic drivers.

If you laptop works correctly with the HP Graphics  drivers for both AMD & Nvidia GPUs and all programs and games works correctly then I wouldn't try to update the drivers with AMD generic laptop drivers unless a game or program indicates that you need an updated Graphics driver.

0 Likes

it fixed it - temporarily. Previously when I installed these drivers (without DDU or safemode) the problem was fixed and appeared again a few days later seemingly randomly. The same thing might happen again, thanks for your help anyway. If the problem reoccurs I'll probably just reinstall windows and start again from a clean slate. 

0 Likes

yep, can confirm next day problem is back on startup. AMD radeon settings ; error 87 parameter incorrect. Don't know what's going on. 

0 Likes

Try running HP DIAGNOSTIC on your laptop to see if there are any Hardware or Software issues that it might find from here: HP Support Diagnostic Tools – Automated fix for HP Laptop Computers & Printers 

You may have a defective hardware like the HDD or GPU or something else.

Does your laptop have the latest BIOS and CHIPSET installed?

Anyway if HP Diagnostic should come back with some issue(s) you will need to open a HP Support ticket to see what they say and whether your laptop is still under Warranty or not  or how much it would cost to repair.

0 Likes

actual new data : I used ddu to uninstall my nvidia drivers and I now have a new error : 

pastedImage_1.png

however, the amd graphics must be working again right since I have a functioning display ? 

0 Likes

You need to install the AMD Driver package again. But use the "Custom Install" so that you can prevent this feature from being installed: AMD Problem Report Wizard.

The AMD Problem Report Wizard uses that service so if you prevent it from being enabled during installation it should get rid of that error plus by Re-installing it should install OpenCL without corruption using the DDU method in the AMD driver.

0 Likes

I don't have install option if I download the driver from HP. Or can I access them ? 

0 Likes

I was thinking of another program. You can uninstall if from Windows Settings if it has a separate listing for it.

forget about that for now and just install the HP AMD Driver again without installing the Nvidia driver and see what happens.

I also suggest afterwards to run HP Diagnostic on your laptop just to make sure there aren't any problems with your computer causing the AMD driver to have issues.

0 Likes

I've had this exact same problem with ASUS Rog Zephyrus G14 laptop - the AMD Ryzen 9 cpu with integrated graphics is running along side Gforce 2060 Q. I get Loadlibrary error 87, and sometimes load library error 126.

I used DDU to completely to uninstall the AMD drivers and software, but still have the problem. There was no error messages on the day I reinstalled the drivers, but the next day it was back. It's very strange how it's intermittent. Once I couldn't even open the AMD software, to run or update, because of 'load library error', then one day I could.

On the ROG Zephyrus forums, I was advised to do a complete factory reset. I thought I'd try just the AMD drivers first. But no luck.

P.S I'm pretty sure AMD Adrenalin software can be a drain on battery life.

0 Likes

I am experiencing exactly same problem on my Lenovo Legion 5 with Ryzen 7. Got it yesterday and performed fresh installation of Windows 10. 

Tried to remove all iGPU and dGPU drivers with DDU and then reinstall, without luck. My current suspicions are directed towards external monitor plugged on HDMI which runs directly on dGPU. Need to check that out tho. 

0 Likes

I am having the exact same problem on my Asus TUF A15 (Ryzen 9 4900H & RTX 2060) when running Steam.

Removing the driver from Device Manager clears up the issue, however I assume my laptops performance is impacted by not having the driver installed...

I have tried both the Asus AMD driver package and the latest Andrenalin.

Computer is 100% up to date including Bios, windows, all drivers, etc.

0 Likes

May have fixed this... updated the DisplayLink drivers (I use a docking station), reinstalled Adrenalin (w. factory reset) and disabled issue detection.  Error message is gone for now... will advise if it comes back.

0 Likes
TipanLogic
Journeyman III

i have the same problem but on my PC. But it happens when my PC goes out from sleepmode, this does not affect performance in any way, but i want to know. One condition is only different, I have both video cards running at the same time and I have two monitors for both adapters.

TipanLogic_0-1617437140181.png

0 Likes

I experienced the dreaded "LoadLibrary error 87:parameter error" with program FreeVideoEditor only when accessing via a RDP session.

Apparently others have found issue with Windows RDP trying to use hardware acceleration (OpenGL ?) on older (?) AMD chipsets during a RDP session causing video and photo editing apps to fail with the error 87 message.

I am not here to tout why the most recent cards/drivers should be used, only to describe what I did to resolve my situation using older cards. Your mileage may vary.

I am using 2 AMD FirePro 2270 cards for 4 local displays with AMD driver version 15.200.1045.0 supplied by Windows Update
on a Dell T3600 running Win10 Pro x64 V20H2. AMD's Adrenalin fails (wrong hardware). BIOS is the latest for this PC (2015 A18).
The PC is old and the AMD cards are old. AMD's latest driver V15.201.2401.1010 for these cards generates the same error message.

First discovery was to rename OpenGL and OpenCL DLLs and execs in '...\windows/system32'. Found the correct file names in the registry. Tedious to rename files every time I wanted to edit videos via RDP.

Second discovery was to disable both AMD video display devices via device manager when using RDP. Automated the process via a DOS batch proc, but also tedious for each RDP session.

Final discovery was to keep Windows on the remote host from using video hardware acceleration for RDP sessions. Found an entry online that described how Win10 V1903 and later used WDDM for video drivers and how some older (?) video driver versions now misbehaved with remote sessions after V1903.

Successfully used the following procedure to disable video hardware acceleration during RDP sessions on the remote host:
- Launch gpedit as administrator and go the the following entry: "Local Computer Policy>Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates> Windows Components>Remote Desktop Services>Remote Desktop Host>
Remote Session Environment"
- Disable the following three entries:
'Use hardware graphics adapters for all Remote Desktop Services sessions'
'Use advanced RemoteFX graphics for RemoteApp'
'Use WDDM graphics display driver for Remote Desktop Connections'
- Reboot the remote host
- The dreaded error 87 was resolved when launching FreeVideoEditor via a RDP session.

Hope this is of use to others. I have no comment on whether newer cards should be used, just that my problem began after Win10 V1903 and others may find value if this fix works for them.

Enjoy...