Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

WildFire9859
Adept I

error code 12 when using rx 6600 with intel iGPU

hi
i'm getting error code 12 when i'm trying to use rx 6600 with intel integrated gpu. which based on my search it happens when both devices are trying to use the same i/o. right now i'm using my rx 580 without issues.

to add more details im using motherboard dvi for display and iGPU as my main GPU.
CPU : i3 8100
motherboard : H310 m-k r2.0
also i need to mention this issue doesn't happen when i install rx 6600 on pcie x1 slots. its only happens when i install it on pcie x16 for gaming.

0 Likes
4 Replies
WildFire9859
Adept I

any thoughts or ideas?

0 Likes

Hi,

I would start by disabling the iGPU to ensure it is not some conflict between the iGPU and the 6600. I know you mentioned your previous card worked with the iGPU but I would still try this just to rule it out. 

Craig

0 Likes

i think you didn't read the topic correctly! i already said "THERE IS" some conflict between iGPU and 6600!
that is the whole cause of error code 12, it happens when 2 device are in conflict with each other. meaning they can't be used together.
now as i mentioned before and i need to highlight it again is that this conflict only occurs when i install 6600 on x16 slot for gaming, but if i install it on a pci x1 there is no problem.

0 Likes

Hi,

my apologies, I did misunderstand your posting.

About the only other thing I can suggest is to go through your motherboards bios settings to see if there are any config options for the PCIx16 that may remove this resource conflict.  

It may also be worth (if you haven't already) post on the ASUS community forums to see if anyone there can assist you with this issue. 

Sorry I can't be of more help. I wish yo the best of luck solving your issue.

Regards,

Craig

0 Likes