cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Error 00 rog strix X570 + 6900 XT

Not sure this is the right Location in graphics..

Ive been running this pc for about 5 months i guess, all was fine. 

Today i received my 6900XT, after i put it in, now even when i take it out again, 

the pc wont boot, keep getting error 00. 

Any ideas?

tried removing the battery in between booting to see if that would help, it didnt

0 Likes
1 Solution

found this previous Asus ROG Thread about Code 00. Seems to be related to the CPU: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101472-How-to-fix-CPU-CODE-00/page2

When you installed the new GPU card, which is quite massive, possibly you disconnected or loosened some cable related to the CPU.

Make sure all your Motherboard Power cables are connected especially the one to the CPU (AUX PWR). Generally it is a 8 Pin  power cable.

Make sure the CPU Fan is running when you power up. Look at the motherboard's Trouble LED lights and see which one is lit besides the Motherboard Trouble Digital code.

The thread mentions a Dual BIOS feature.Does your motherboard have Dual BIOS on it?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

found this previous Asus ROG Thread about Code 00. Seems to be related to the CPU: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101472-How-to-fix-CPU-CODE-00/page2

When you installed the new GPU card, which is quite massive, possibly you disconnected or loosened some cable related to the CPU.

Make sure all your Motherboard Power cables are connected especially the one to the CPU (AUX PWR). Generally it is a 8 Pin  power cable.

Make sure the CPU Fan is running when you power up. Look at the motherboard's Trouble LED lights and see which one is lit besides the Motherboard Trouble Digital code.

The thread mentions a Dual BIOS feature.Does your motherboard have Dual BIOS on it?

Thank you for your reply, i have found out what the problem was. 

It was a severe case of bad luck..

The psu worked on 2 other motherboards i have, which showed me it was working correct,

so i did not think it was that it was the PSU untill a friend brought another over to test,

and then my pc just booted normally..

Turns out the exact model psu (corsair 1200AXI) does not work with the X570 chipset,

due to some timing problem in signals, the psu wont properly start everything up, and the cpu does not get power

Again, thanks for the trouble of answering!

First good troubleshooting!

Is that a defect in Corsair 1200AXI PSUs? 

Because a PSU that is Platinum rated and 1200 watts would be the ideal PSU for a X570 Motherboard. I mean that is one expensive but high quality PSU.

I, myself, have a Corsair 850 Watt PSU that is over 8 years old (Top of the line at that time) and still outputting voltages like it was brand new. In fact my AM3+ Motherboard was going bad and my PSU 3.3 vdc was slightly below the 5% tolerance but it was working fine so I just ignored but kept a close eye on it.

Then I upgraded to a AM4 Motherboard and now my PSU voltages are really good. Well within the 5% tolerances even the 3.3 vdc.

Great that you got your PC working again.

Did you RMA the Corsair PSU and will Corsair give you an updated PSU that has corrected that defect?

I'm not 100% its a defect, but as they say, once is chance, twice is coincidence, third is a pattern. 

I found 2 others with the same chipset and psu, and their psu was also not posting. 

I would almost guess it is, i did not contact corsair. When i found out what the problem was,

i bought a new 1kw powersupply from Be Quiet; Dark Power 12.

Now everything is working fine, and im using the corsair psu with my old MB, with that it does work.

Apart from this little problem, and having me scratching the back of my head for a little while, 

i was/am very happy with the corsair psu and hope it will still last for some years to come!