cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dhrumstix
Journeyman III

Erratic GPU percentage during gaming (PUBG) but not during stress tests

When gaming (particularly PUBG), I get severely erratic GPU usage percentage which I believe is causing stuttering and FPS drops.  Temperatures are excellent and CPU usage approaches but doesn't hit 100%.  This doesn't occur during Furmark CPU + GPU stress testing (which is far more demanding)  Any idea what's causing this?

System:

Intel i5-750 OC @ 3.6

16gb DDR3 RAM

AMD RX 480 4GB with latest 18.2.2 drivers

Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R with latest bios

During gaming:

IMG-0344.JPG

During Furmark's simultaneous CPU & GPU stress testing:

IMG-0345.JPG

0 Likes
1 Reply
plumboby
Miniboss

be the newest adrenaline drivers. Did you have the same issue with previous drivers or the last of 2017 drivers. A suggestion is roll back to the most stable driver of last year & try again. Atm running on a rx5604G I am on 17.12.1 drivers as the latest with 10 creators update has played havoc with the AMD drivers. I found updates from jan onwards with creators has made the newest adrenaline drivers really choppy hit of miss. Some builds are working some arnt. I had problems with display port drivers not working with my monitor. Yet rolled back to the 17.12.1 drivers been stable 11 days without a outage yet. Not the best tho need some help but most stable for games I play I was playing Hunt showdown Alpha with relive pulling 30-40 fps on medium settings tho havnt dared trying new drivers again after the issues I have encountered. Been here done that with iffy drivers but both brands have been iffy coz of microsoft updates atm.

0 Likes