cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

LittleJ
Journeyman III

Entering BIOS black screen RX 6600XT

I turn on the computer and press the DEL key and the screen is black. This is a display port.
If I do the same with an HDMI cable, I have a picture and I see the BIOS on the screen.
Otherwise, windows will boot without error with both cables, but freesync only works on the display port and windows 11 UEFI, so I don't want to switch to CSM mode.

Ryzen 5 5600x
MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
XFX Merc 308 RX6600XT
2x8Gb 3600Mhz GSkill memory
650 80+ bronze power supply
Asus VG279Q monitor

0 Likes
1 Solution
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

And why do you need to enable CSM mode? freesync should work with all connectors except vga, probably, and everything should work with the display port, turn on 120hz (not 144hz, this is already overclocking the matrix) and try to activate freesync at 120hz. In theory, it should help, I don't know all the subtleties in the Acs monitors there in the monitor menu, it may need to be activated either in the Radeon software from the video card or both.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

And why do you need to enable CSM mode? freesync should work with all connectors except vga, probably, and everything should work with the display port, turn on 120hz (not 144hz, this is already overclocking the matrix) and try to activate freesync at 120hz. In theory, it should help, I don't know all the subtleties in the Acs monitors there in the monitor menu, it may need to be activated either in the Radeon software from the video card or both.

0 Likes
ninja750
Adept I

same problem with RX6800 and MSI monitor

I can see the bios only if I turn on the PC but not if I reboot it

did you find a solution?

0 Likes

If I understand correctly, you do not see the bios (black screen) when you enter it? Run the gpu z utility (download) you need this checkmark, see the screenshot, if the checkmark is not worth it, then the video card does not support uefi mode (modern bios) Three options: 1 look for a bios for your video card (for your vendor and for your memory chips) in which there is support for uefi, Option 2: try to enter the bios on a video card built into the processor, again, a discrete video card will need to be pulled out for a while, well, option 3: If the video card supports 2 BIOS, try switching between them (usually quiet and productive BIOS modes) Try connecting the video card with other cables)1.jpg

0 Likes

I have a ferefence RX6800 no dual bios no other bioses available

what I want to understand, is if it is normal that with DISPLAYPORT+CSM_OFF+SECUREBOOT you can see the bios while turn on the PC and not while rebooting it

maybe it is fast boot (enabled) related

Seems that with HDMI you can always enter in it

0 Likes

Could it be 'Fast Startup' is enabled ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

You can also try to reset the BIOS, disconnect the PC from the network, you can simply turn off the button from the back of the power supply and remove the battery from the motherboard for 5 minutes and then insert it and then try to enter the bios, note that after resetting, you may need to set the priority of loading hard drives to boot the operating system. Either enable or disable CSM mode in the motherboard settings. Check through the msinfo32 command what mode you have installed in the bios, in modern systems starting probably with windows 7-11 uefi, respectively, modern video cards should support it (gpu z should tick), you can still try when you go into the bios to disconnect the cable from the video card and connect it to another connector, maybe the signal id tv another output. And try to update the bios of the motherboard (from under the system, some vendors can do this using their utilities, from under the system), it may have already been fixed in the latest version of the bios. In short, you need to try)

0 Likes
wowexec
Adept I

I've the same vga card and i suspect it doesn't support csm mode but only uefi mode;

it's not written in the specification but i can't see a video signal if i want to enable the csm mode (for example to install Win7).

0 Likes