Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pierrix
Journeyman III

EGPU / WX7100 / Impossible to drive 5k monitor

Hello everybody,

i just bought the akitio node together with the AMD Radeon Pro WX7100. the main reason why i bought this card was the availability of 4 dp ports in order to connect my 2 5k dell.

Now comes the problem. I updated my mbp touchbar 15" 2016 at high sierra (last version), updated akitio node firmware, and, when i connect the Dual DP cable to the WX7100, the screen is dark (entering power save mode). If i unplug the dual cable and connect the monitor to the single cable (4k), it works (but only 4k resolution)

The same happens with my dell XPS 15 connected via thunderbolt 3. Via single cable (mini displayport) the display works at 4k. If i connect two cables (2xdp 1.2), the monitor enters sleep mode.

Are there any fixes in order to make my 5k up2715k work at full resolution (5k)?

Thank you very much for your help!!

0 Likes
1 Reply

According to this website, the Akito Node supports up to 4k and not 5k which is why you are having the problems.Hands-on: Akitio Node Pro – a more refined external graphics box for Mac [Video] | 9to5Mac

This from above link:

There’s also the DisplayPort connection, a feature not found on the original Node, that allows users to connect an external display independent of the GPU. The DisplayPort connection supports external monitors with resolutions up to 4K at 60Hz.

From the AKITIO website for the specs on their node: Node Pro - Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Expansion Chassis with PD | AKiTiO

• Thunderbolt 3 up to 40 Gbps
  • DisplayPort 1.2 (4K at 60 Hz)
0 Likes