Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sdancer
Adept II

Easily reproducible driver crash with MSFS and Navigraph Charts

Radeon 7900 XTX, Ryzen 5800X.

Open the Navigraph Charts application (Electron app). Start a flight in MSFS (edited to add: turns out you only need to start the game to the main menu). Tab out into Charts and try to scroll or zoom the map. Driver reset.

Will AMD ever be able to make their drivers robust against whatever wacky stuff browsers try to pull off? That's been an issue for over a decade now, and it still keeps coming back.

11 Replies
sdancer
Adept II

Happens with both 23.2.1 and the just released 23.2.2 driver.

0 Likes
sdancer
Adept II

It's not exclusive to Navigraph Charts; other Electron-based apps with "slippy maps" like Volanta also reliably crash the driver when MSFS has loaded to the man menu or beyond.

0 Likes

It's not exclusive to Electron apps either, trying to open Navigraph Charts in Firefox *also* triggers the bug.

0 Likes
MalteJ
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with my 7900XTX. It's really the GPU. The problem appears on my old Ryzen 3900X as well as on my Ryzen 7900X3D system (different CPU, Motherboard, RAM but same GPU).

0 Likes
sdancer
Adept II

This issue has NOT been fixed with the recent 23.3.1 driver.

0 Likes
sdancer
Adept II

This issue STILL has NOT been fixed with the recent 23.3.2 driver.

0 Likes
sdancer
Adept II

This issue STILL has NOT been fixed with the recent 23.4.1 driver.

To add insult to injury, mail support asked me to reinstall the operating system. Yeah, no, thanks. I'll take the loss. This is not 2003, and Windows hasn't been eating itself for over a decade.

Cheers for EU consumer protection laws covering right to return products for fundamental flaws for 6-24 months after purchase.

0 Likes
OnemanPRO
Journeyman III

I am a new Radeon user and experiencing the exact same issue. When MSFS is running and I open Navigraph Charts or even google map and starting to scroll then the driver crashes causing CTD for MSFS......:/

I wanted to give a chance to AMD, but afraid I go back to the green team

sdancer
Adept II

This issue STILL has NOT been fixed with the recent 23.4.2 driver.

0 Likes
sdancer
Adept II

This issue STILL has NOT been fixed with the recent 23.4.3 driver.

AMD mail support is really **bleep** useless, by now those idiots told me to just wait for a driver release that may fix it.

0 Likes
sdancer
Adept II

With 23.5.1 I was able to load into a plane and navigate around Volanta and Navigraph apps without drivers crashing for around two minutes... I don't trust it yet, but hey, it's 2023 and buying a 1400€ graphics card can be expected to come with instability and uncertainty for at least half a year, right?

0 Likes