Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rootDeyan
Adept I

dxgkrnl.sys - Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

Hello,

this month for me is horrible, and If i cannot fix the issue for sure I will sell this graphic card and I will go back to NVidia...
I cannot work or even do some simple actions on my PC because the RX 5700 XT is crashing, my screen freeze and then after few seconds or minutes it crash and reboot (just freeze, no black, green, blue screens).

Tried few times with DDU in safe mode to uninstall and then to install:
Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2 Recommended (WHQL) - still freeze and crash
Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.2 Optional - still freeze and crash

also checked for disk errors, system corrupted files etc. registry repairs and more *still crashing

downloaded WhoCrashed application and I have the following:
(yeah is a known issue already but I cannot find a valid fix for this, I am not a gamer, I work with 3D graphic design and this impact my work,  and yes sometimes I play some games with work friends) and this issue is annoying and if there are no fix for this for sure I will pass to NVidia graphic card.
To notice the current RX 5700 XT is still in warranty (I write this message with my processo graphic card now which is Intel UHD Graphics 630

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Tue 16/02/21 18:19:12 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xFE)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFF8E06D9766010, 0xFFFFF8039C8B5330, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000001, 0x3)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 16/02/21 18:17:51 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021621-14609-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xFE)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFF9F874E935050, 0xFFFFF8079BD25330, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000001, 0x3)
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 15/02/21 15:23:02 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021521-18968-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFF8481B23E9010, 0xFFFFF80472725330, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000001, 0x3)

On Mon 15/02/21 14:56:08 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021521-20265-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFD0014C057050, 0xFFFFF805655C5330, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000001, 0x3)

On Mon 15/02/21 13:39:01 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021521-19359-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFDC05E9C1B010, 0xFFFFF80468835330, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000001, 0x3)

The following dump files were found but could not be read. These files may be corrupted:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021621-14625-01.dmp

Conclusion

6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 5 are included in this report. If dump files are found and they could not be analuzed, it means they are corrupted. Because crash dumps are an emergency measure it is not uncommon for this to happen, however often it points to a problem in the storage stack. It is suggested that you run CHKDSK on your system drive to check your drive for errors.
No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

about the RAM 2400 ye its confusing, but my RAM runs on 3200 MHz
I am using now my PC without issues no freezes, no crashes, nothing.
My PC works perfectly when I removed the AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (not connected anymore)
So I suppose the reason is the stupid AMD hardware/software drives probably (no idea which one exactly)
- removed already the graphic card and it will be returned (still in warranty) to be tested so they can exam the hardware and check if the hardware have some defects or something else.
I am really done to try and re-try with uninstall and install, reboot and reboot...
Going to buy new NVidia RTX 3070 for sure and the issue will be done, never ever again more AMD, I loved them from beginning but is not possible to work when you PC freezes and crashed every **bleep** second or minute of your working day.

Hope AMD reads this, and fix their hardware/driver issues one time for all... because they will lose their clients/customers for this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

Hi ,

did you check temps ?

ram timings ?

psu wattage ?

please give more info about your hardware

0 Likes

DxDiag:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wL1RYVcpGo3bMvcZiUd6XoUz6EUWUR9g/view?usp=sharing

CPU-Z:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hEWGR1l-_rD-lfBBAQYBoGQHLvKPI346/view?usp=sharing

hope this info is enough for this case, let me know if you need more info, thank you.

PSU: 850W Gold (new)

Now I disconnected the RX 5700 XT fand I use the Intel Graphics and my PC works, no freeze and no crashes

0 Likes

mmh what is this windows version ? is it uptodate ?

things i notice , dxdiag reporting :
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

i don't see 5700xt in it (edit : oups didnt noticed you told that in your last message , sorry)

about cpu-z , seems timings are in report but i'm not sure how to read it  , could you give the current timings that cpu z shows or bios ?

0 Likes

Screenshot 2021-02-17 145933.jpgScreenshot 2021-02-17 150016.jpgScreenshot 2021-02-17 150035.jpg

Windows 10 is updated and all updated are made, + I have Driver Upater Avast so all is up to date, hate to have outdated drivers

0 Likes

ok thanks for the captures .. i even more confused now lol i'm not used to intel anymore ..., are your ram at xmp 2400 in bios ? could you try to make them at default ? i don't really understand the max bandwidth = DDR4-2400 and under that XMP 3200 , confusing... in fact maybe try to go in bios and do a "bios reset to default values" or even a "clear cmos" with some metal on your mother board cmos pins , and start from there to see if it crash at everything default

then to check further i think the most easy is if you are able to check your gpu in another computer..

0 Likes

about the RAM 2400 ye its confusing, but my RAM runs on 3200 MHz
I am using now my PC without issues no freezes, no crashes, nothing.
My PC works perfectly when I removed the AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (not connected anymore)
So I suppose the reason is the stupid AMD hardware/software drives probably (no idea which one exactly)
- removed already the graphic card and it will be returned (still in warranty) to be tested so they can exam the hardware and check if the hardware have some defects or something else.
I am really done to try and re-try with uninstall and install, reboot and reboot...
Going to buy new NVidia RTX 3070 for sure and the issue will be done, never ever again more AMD, I loved them from beginning but is not possible to work when you PC freezes and crashed every **bleep** second or minute of your working day.

Hope AMD reads this, and fix their hardware/driver issues one time for all... because they will lose their clients/customers for this.

0 Likes

...ok so why am i answering this ...

0 Likes
atasan5
Journeyman III

hey did you try to update visual c++ ?

i had the issue 0xc000007b and nothing helped. i finally run SFC scannow and updated visual from Microsoft website

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=52685

0 Likes