cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dfm0
Adept I

DVI shuts off before login screen on RX570 ITX

I have HDMI connected to a TCL TV and DVI connected to an Acer monitor. On startup both are working but just before login screen shows the DVI stops working and the HDMI is still working.

On the DVI I can go into PC bios and everything works up until where login screen is supposed to show but it never shows and the monitor light turns amber.

The DVI-D cable is new.

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 570 Series 4GB
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 B97
RAM: 16GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
Radeon Software Version: 19.12.3

0 Likes
6 Replies
corvetteguru
Journeyman III

Have you found a fix? I have the same exact problem.

It will boot and I will get a mirror image on the DVI screen, then it turns the DVI off. 

Any help on this?

0 Likes
corvetteguru
Journeyman III

I found a work around... I got a converter cable that converted the DVI to DisplayPort. I then ran both monitors through DisplayPorts and it works perfectly. The cable is sold by Trippe Light.

I am pretty sure that there is a bug in the driver that disables the DVI when HDMI or DP is used.

0 Likes
dfm0
Adept I

I just now figured out how to reply here.

Glad to see it is working for you.

I don't have any display port monitors though.

0 Likes

That's why you need cables that will handle the conversion.

Tripp Light makes them and they have DVI on one end (the monitor) and DisplayPort on the other end. The part number is P581-010. I found it on amazon.

The link:

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Displayport-Adapter-P581-010/dp/B002XVZ0RC/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=P58...

0 Likes
dfm0
Adept I

I am happy to say that a DVI-D to HDMI Adapter worked for me.

https://www.newegg.com/rosewill-rcw-h9015-dvi-to-hdmi/p/N82E16882021060?Description=Rosewill%20RCW-H...

I suspect it was a computer bios issue. I have a legacy bios. I read somewhere about newer graphic cards not working with DVI if bios is not UEFI.

0 Likes

The BIOS issue sounds logical. I have an older board, too.

Glad we got it all working!!!!

0 Likes