cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

danno3229
Journeyman III

Dual Radeon Pro WX 5100 -- Does it exist?

A vendor has provided a quote to us for a new PC outfitted with a Dual Radeon Pro WX 5100 to satisfy our requirement for a PC that will connect up to 8 displays.  I can find the Radeon Pro WX 5100 (4 DPs) on your AMD website but cannot find the specs or an image of this dual graphics card?  Does it really have 8 physical DPs or 8 mini DPs?

0 Likes
5 Replies

Your vendor may be talking about two separate WX5100 GPU cards in the same motherboard. Otherwise from what I have read the Maximum amount of Monitors it supports is 4.

From AMD Eyefinty Website concerning the Max number of Monitors supported by various Professional GPU cards: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/eyefinity-professionals 

AMD resident expert on Professional GPU Card might give better input concerning your question fsadough

fsadough

Correct. As elstaci mentioned, your vendor is talking about 2x separate WX5100 connecting to 8x monitors. We do not have a single GPU with 8x outputs.

• What are the 8x monitors used for? 
  • Are you going to use them as independent displays?
  • What is your operating system?
  • What application will you be running?
0 Likes

Thank you fsadough for clarity on this matter.  Our internal customer has a requirement to use 4 displays from one workstation.  However, they also wanted additional displays port available for future use (as needed).  Our local vendor reached out to a major PC manufacturer who provided them a quote for the PC we desire.  The Dual Radeon Pro WX 5100 was listed in the quote (quantity: 1).  Since I couldn't find the card on your site, I opened a chat with said PC manufacturer.  They assured me the card was an iteration of two Radeon Pro WX 5100 built as a single graphics card that seats into a single PCI-e slot.  Said card also had 8 physical DPs.  I asked for a link to tech specs and an image, but they didn't have an image on their internal website and told me to source the tech specs from the graphic card's manufacturer.  Since I could find no evidence of this 8 DP graphics card, I posted here.  Once again, thanks.

0 Likes

Not an AMD board though. Matrox C900 has 9 displayport outputs, which uses an AMD chip. Same chip as on a FirePro W600

4GB Matrox C900 Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 (Retail) - Matrox | Mindfactory.de  

0 Likes

My apology, 9x miniHDMI outputs not displayports

0 Likes