cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

flybine
Journeyman III

dual monitor using fx 8800p apu with r7 and R9 360 discret GPU with one monitor connected to the graphics cars and the other on the mother board hdmi Is it possible i cant get wondow to detect the second monitor

with one monitor connected to the graphics card and the other on the motherboard, HDMI Is it possible i can't get windows to detect the second monitor

i know it works when i connect both to the R9 GPU but i would like to take advantage of both processing units

0 Likes
1 Solution

There would be zero benefit in any way to using one through the motherboard. You should connect both to the same GPU. The only time I would connect to onboard graphics (motherboard) is if you had so many monitors connected you can't connect anymore to the GPU, then I can see using the onboard graphics. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

There would be zero benefit in any way to using one through the motherboard. You should connect both to the same GPU. The only time I would connect to onboard graphics (motherboard) is if you had so many monitors connected you can't connect anymore to the GPU, then I can see using the onboard graphics. 

thanks, i was wondering how to gain from the redundancy

0 Likes