cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

xiatian
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Dual monitor screen flickering? (RX580)

Oh, can you explain just one thing to me about this? I have noticed that nearly every post about flickering gets swarmed by answers about FreeSync, yet somehow the video linked in the opening post of this thread shows “AMD FreeSync: Not supported”, and the author never mentioned FreeSync. Is there an explanation for this phenomenon?

I have also never said anything about FreeSync in my reply above, and my monitor definitely does not have FreeSync support.

lottie
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi,

Well in a word "No". On saying that, it is something to do with the issue. If I use the drivers as mentioned the issue does not happen.

Now HP are replacing my desktop unit as they cannot fix my flickering issues.

Dropbox - HP Flickering on Omen 880 Desktop  

0 Kudos
codyjayro
Adept II
Adept II

Yes it's interesting indeed but usually FreeSync is what fixes it for most people so it's kind of logical that they post what solved the problem for them. 

0 Kudos
xiatian
Adept II
Adept II

Do you mean ‘I had a completely different problem so here is the solution which you saw suggested about 50 times before in other threads but is not related to your problem in any way’? Or are people just bumping up their post count or something this way?

Our reports of an actual problem not related to FreeSync constantly get drowned out by these suggestions and this is honestly infuriating.

0 Kudos
codyjayro
Adept II
Adept II

With this attitude maybe you don't deserve to be helped. 

0 Kudos
zezerik
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Thank you for suggesting this.  I had FreeSync turned on under global settings.  I turned it off everywhere I could find and now it doesn't flicker. 

The flickering didn't occur during gameplay.  It started right after I would quit the game and return to desktop.  All good now.  My monitors are compatible with FreeSync so I'm not sure what changed in the last 2 weeks.  Thanks again.  

0 Kudos
j9210
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

This also worked for me! hopefully that was the fix

0 Kudos