So, everything that i have read, in order to keep from using an active adapter, i have to have 2 6990's installed. Well, i have them both installed and now im back to 3 monitors (im coming from dual Sapphire 4890 OC editions with same monitors, but DVI to DVI). I have mini dp to DVI on the same monitors, all 3 work now in Windows, but the Eyefinity tab has one greyed out and cant enable Eyefinity.
I really dont understand why you would have 5 ports on a card and only be able to use two at a time. I have all three of the same monitor, so that eliminates 70% of the search results on the internet. All of them have DVI inputs, all of my cables are the same miniDP to DVI cable, why wont this work as this eliminates the remaining 30% of search results.
Mobo is a Gigabyte 990FX UD5 Rev3 (?) with an FX6100 running Win 7 (yes, i know...)