cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nikoswazirds
Journeyman III

Drivers timeout

Hello guys i really need your help. Everytime i start a game as example(Fornite) my drivers are crashing. It says to me the following text. (We detected a driver timeout has occured on your system. A bug report has been generated. Could you help me please? 

Thanks

14 Replies
BlackLotuzZ
Adept I

I have the same problem, my laptop have a ryzen 7 2700 and RX Vega 56, is a Predator helios 500

AMD FIX THIS PLEASE, I HAVE BEEN WEEKS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM.

mackbolan777
Forerunner

Fortnite has an issue with the latest "season" they came out with. Check with Epic to see when the fix is coming out. Pass this on, lots of the same complaints.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes

I am having the same issue with cs go  and black ops ;/ , i  dont think its a Problem that epic should fix

xlox
Forerunner

hello ,

had this problem since yesterday evening , no game or benchmark would last more that 3s and then driver timeout ... even tested with a fresh windows install, tested it 20 times , even this morning again, but every 3d game would crash

so i was openning my computer to take the photo of serial number for rma , but then i tried some ultimate test :

i changed the place of the 2 pcie 8 pin connectors on the psu and disconnected every display except main display , and the problem disappeared , not sure what it comes from for now , if psu (multirail and not good rail) , or not well plugged psu , or problem with gpu power connector , or multi display problem... but seems it's working fine again , 

i will tell you if i can find more about it

update from last time : it did it again 2-3 weeks later , starting getting artefacts on desktop , and not been able to start any game without instant crash again, i RMA the card , waiting to see if amd will change it (hoping they don't bother about the fact that I watercooled it as it's not my first watercooled card and i didn't destroy anything .. the card was even well cooled)... meanwhile , got myself a msi 6900xt trio X , working fine and strong but it's really too expensive for the little difference with the 6800xt , but what i appreciate with trio x is the 3 dp connectors , that's great as i had problems with usb c too ...

You got lucky with the Trio that you didn't get a "Trio" of issues! Keep that and sell the RMA card would be my advice. Since the Trio most likely hasn't been converted to liquid cooling, I'd skip that as well, unless you want that horse out of the barn as well.

0 Likes

lol got lucky ? why ?

0 Likes

You obviously haven't read about the numerous issues with the Trio series and MSI GPU's these days. You got a god one, so you're lucky. XFX isn't fairing better with a slew of Merc 319's going back as well. I wanted one of those so bad and it sold out from under me on eBay. I wound up getting the Gigabyte RX 6800 16G and it runs perfectly, even OC's as high as the XFX I wanted so badly. So I got lucky as well more than likely and saved $60.

0 Likes

nope i searched if there was problem with that card , but nope didn't find anything ...in fact i 'm not really paying attention to people talking about their "problems" with black screen or bsod, that's often about something else then the gpu (psu , ram, sometime drivers , but amd communicates about these problems so , accusing amd drivers is the easy way nowadays ) ... i'm more concerned about hardware potential problem signs like artefacts or glitches..got to sort readings a lot ...

what i find funny is people think if they go elsewhere they won't have any problems , but obviously they don't read other forums as well ... same whinners everywhere ! lol
the best advice i think i can give is not buying from scalper without being sure to be able to apply warranty and amd warranty is only for the buyer not for the second hand buyer

as said , for now 6900xt working perfectly fine ... ! and it seems amd has sent me a new 6800xt , should arrive soon

0 Likes

Hey, having the same problem in AC: Origins here.

RX480 8GB
Ryzen 5 3600
16 GB RAM

For the first time, its happening to me.

Only on DOOM, but its not happening a lot, its maybe one or two crashes for every 8 hours of game.

One thing I noticed, this happen above 65ºC and for all games, if I get temps over 65ºC my GPU crashes. Luckily I can just ramp up the fans and undervolt to get a very stable 60-62ºC at 1400Mhz

Lets see if its my solution..... 

PS: Adrenalin 20.9.1 Recommended (WHQL) used to work great without flaws, except for DaVinci Resolve, that's why I updated them.

The Englishman

To me, in AC: Origins, it happens almost immediately upon spawning and only after I move the camera. As long as I don't move the camera, to look into a different (maybe a specific direction), it does not happen. Means I can run for 50 metres but as soon as I look around, it will immediately crash, sometimes giving me very colourful glitches all over my screen. Once, I had to unplug and re-plug (!) my screens to get them to work again. Temperatures are fine (I keep monitoring), power supply is sufficient, hardware seemingly okay (no problems in other games).

Same thing is happening to me for AC: Origins only. the only fix I have yet to try is using 20.x.x drivers like some people said worked for them, AMD have also recommended using older drivers as well.

0 Likes
InkTide
Adept I

Same issue here, R9 390X with a Ryzen 7 5800X, both at stock speeds. With the case cooling and aggressive fan curves I have neither part gets above 80-85C even under load.

I've tried driver rollbacks, updates, using windows to install drivers after uninstalling them with DDU and AMD Cleanup Utility, adjusting BIOS settings (namely Resizeable Bar and the 4G limit), resetting/updating the BIOS, updating the chipset drivers, updating my Windows 10 build manually, updating Windows 10 to Windows 11, reseating the GPU, switching the GPU from daisy chain/1 y-cable power to 2 cables, turning off XMP, turning on XMP, running sfc and DISM to find and repair any windows files, and disabling whatever Windows overlays I can find - NOTHING WORKS.

I am at this point beyond incensed, especially that this started happening LITERALLY DAYS AFTER AMD RELEASED THE LAST DRIVER UPDATE FOR MY CARD THAT THEY WILL EVER PROVIDE.

DID YOU BRICK MY CARD WITH YOUR **bleep**TY DRIVER SOFTWARE AND ADRENALIN BLOAT AND THEN MAKE IT "LEGACY" TO FORCE ME TO BUY A NEW GPU IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME IN THE HISTORY OF GPUS TO BUY A NEW ONE, AMD?

Sorry. I have tried everything I can think of. Nothing fixes it. AMD has abandoned support for my product, and I can't afford to replace it. I don't know what to do next, and I'm exhausted, stressed out, and desperate.

All that venting said - this may actually be Microsoft's fault. I've been scouring the internet for the past 2 weeks trying to figure out what was causing these crashes/freezes/driver timeouts, pretty much exclusively in fullscreen games or applications, and I've read some rumors that Microsoft pushed some code over official update channels that broke something at the kernel level in high intensity graphical applications. About the only thing I haven't tried is rolling back Windows updates, especially because doing that is generally not a good idea for security reasons (and because Microsoft forcing updates on you tends to "un-rollback" your system after a bit anyway). On the plus side, Chrome still works just fine. No issues whatsoever. Oh, and I've never been this tempted to abandon Windows for good and go back to Linux - I just don't want to lose everything on my NVMe drive.