Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jeanedouard5959
Journeyman III

Drivers problem : A6-5200 with Radeon™ HD 8400

Bonjour,

J'ai en ma possession un HP Notebook 15-g238nf, sa version de carte graphique étant de 2015, je me permet de la mettre à jours via ce site : https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a6-series-apu-for-desktops/a6-5200-rade...

A6-5200 with Radeon™ HD 8400 Drivers & Support | AMD

Manque de bol, l'installation ce faire correctement mais, l’écran et la souris [Le PC en général] freeze toute les 2 - 3 secondes, ce qui est très embêtant, je décide donc d'essayer avec une ancienne version sur ce site : https://www.amd.com/fr/support/previous-drivers/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a6-series-apu-for-desk...

A6-5200 with Radeon™ HD 8400 Previous Drivers | AMD

Mais rien à faire, le probleme persiste pour les 4 premieres ancienne MAJ. J'ai du coup restaurer en laissant la version de base mais bon.

Ma question est :Auriez-vous une idée pour mettre a jours ce pilote sans avoir de problème similaire, car 2015 sa fait loin, je vous en remercie d'avance !

Hello,

I have in my posession an HP Notebook 15-g238nf, is graphic card version is out of date [2015], so i try to update them with this link : https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a6-series-apu-for-desktops/a6-5200-rade...

A6-5200 with Radeon™ HD 8400 Drivers & Support | AMD

The installation is great but, the screen and the mouse [The PC] have freeze, lag every 2 - 3 seconds, i try to update them with previous version :

A6-5200 with Radeon™ HD 8400 Previous Drivers | AMD

But same problem ....

My question is : Have you a issues or other thing for help me please ? Thx ^^

Specs :

Mémoire : 4 Go

Microprocesseur : Processeur AMD Quad-Core A6-6400 APU avec Carte Graphique Radeon HD 8400

Carte graphique : AMD Radeon HD 8400 [Avec le proco]

P.S : Sorry for my bad english [French guys]

0 Likes
4 Replies

Maybe if you have the latest BIOS Update it might work better with the latest Mobile AMD Driver: HP Notebook - 15-g238nf (ENERGY STAR) - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support​ (Doesn't mention about making the Laptop more compatible with Windows 10 but it might help).

BIOS (1)

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

F.48 Rev.A10.2 MBApr 20, 2018

DownloadHP's Terms of Use
Details

Associated files

Previous versions

Do you have the latest Windows 10 version installed with all Windows Updates. Windows needs to be completely updated via Windows Update.

Also it is possible that the latest AMD Mobile generic drivers are not compatible completely with your laptop hardware. Your laptop is about four year old when Windows 10 first came out in 2015. HP Support hasn't updated the laptop's drivers in at least 3 years.

When you uninstall and install the AMD drivers follow this basic procedure to make sure there are no conflicts with the previous AMD driver:

install AMD driver:

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

0 Likes

Hello, thanks for your answer, i go test all of that !

And yes i have do all windows 10 update

0 Likes

It doesn't work, maybe my laptop is not compatible ...

0 Likes
laurenzo1600
Journeyman III

bonjour j'ai exactement le meme problème

je viens de recevoir un pc portable compaq avec un processeur a6-5200 8go de ram

bios mis a jour

hdd changer

dernier drivers

ram changé

installation de windows 10 64bits, aucun problème. dès qu'il se connecte a windows update pour mettre a jour il y a des freeze tous les deux secondes.

réinstallation de windows sans réseau, pas de problème. instillation des derniers pilotes amd refreeze.

pour info:  windows 8.1 aucun problème, ubuntu 19.10 aucun problème.

merci

0 Likes