cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jbcypreste
Adept I

Driver update not working properly (Radeon 535)

I have recently updated my drivers for radeon 535, and it works fine for a single game launch, then just doesn't work anymore, games don't launch or give error that couldn't find graphics card, I have to reinstall everything if I want to play a game again.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I ended up going for a full system reset and reinstalled windows. Graphic card working fine now with the original driver, so I'm not touching that while it works.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Radeon 535
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Laptop, Lenovo Ideapad 330S 15IKB
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit Home version 20H2
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 21.4.1
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • None, laptop described above
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • LENOVO LNVNB161216 Version SDK0J40679 WIN
    • Version/date of BIOS LENOVO 7SCN23WW, 21/08/2018
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
    • Not specified, came with laptop
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • 8GB RAM, make/model not specified, came with laptop

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
    • Recently my games weren't working (Overwatch/TESV Skyrim), so I figured out the GPU drivers needed to be updated, as this has happened before. I download the drivers here, execute and follow the steps. I choose "full installation" and "reset to factory settings" as I always do. Everything runs normally, have to restart computer to finish installation. After restart, installation proceeds normally, finishes, and asks me to restart again. I restart again, then I run one of these games and they work fine as before. But after I quit the game once, the driver is just no longer working. I can't open any game after that, and the Adrenalin software also doesn't open, despite being shown on task manager.
    • I can repeatedly reinstall the drivers and it will work again, but only for a single gaming instance. if I quit the game and open another one, the driver has just disappeared.
  • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
    • Overwatch Retail most recent patch (April 26th 2021)
    • TESV Skyrim Legendary Edition 1.9.32.0.8 + SKSE 1.7.3
  • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
    • 1366x768, mostly low settings
  • Additional details
    • When I restart the computer after not reinstalling the drivers, in the system info tool, tab "devices with problems" it shows the video adapter, stating "Drivers not installed"
    • The only reason all of this happens in the first place is because the driver usually just stops working for no reason, this is when I install the new version, but this time not even the new version is working.
0 Likes

You must first:

Update the OS to the current version

Update the Intel graphics (Intel® UHD Graphics 620) from Intel Support. This must be done before installation of any AMD drivers. >   Use the driver finder > https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Use Windows to prevent automatic driver install from Microsoft:

Screenshot_5.png

Read and follow this to assign the AMD card to a app or game:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-110

These are the latest AMD drivers for your laptop...if you want a previous version, scroll down the page to "Previous Drivers"

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-500-series/radeon-535

0 Likes

Okay, let's see:

I can't currently update my system, it says one of the update services isn't being properly executed. Then it asks me to try windows troubleshooting for the update, but of course, it simply says nothing is wrong.

The intel link provided only reads "Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan" and when I download manually (from this page), the installation just states that my system is incompatible. I have spent the last 2 and a half years trying to find a way to update the intel graphic drivers of my laptop through a myriad of different methods but none of them ever functioned.

I will try to install one of the old drivers too.

0 Likes

Sounds like your OS is corrupted. Open a command prompt As Administrator....then copy paste this command  sfc /scannow....and run it. It will find and hopefully correct any errors.

0 Likes

So what happened?
0 Likes

I ended up going for a full system reset and reinstalled windows. Graphic card working fine now with the original driver, so I'm not touching that while it works.

0 Likes

Sometimes we're using a driver booster to install all the drivers. In such a case, we upgrade the faulty driver that does not work properly with hardware. So it is very essential to have the best compatible driver in order to make the hardware work properly. Here you can visit techmused that can help you to update the driver with 100% accuracy without any trouble.

0 Likes