cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

4dparticles
Journeyman III

Driver Timeout in FL Studio

Hi, I am using FL Studio on a brand new PC. Here's my issue; I'm getting consistent black screens when performing specific actions in FL. The only things that make me crash and are consistent: Using any stock 'tool' from inside the piano roll (such as Chopper, Quantanizer), trying to open any plugin from the Waves company (and there's a bunch of them, all valuable), or clicking the 'More Plugins' button specifically. Everything else works fine.

More Details: I am a long-time user of FL, and I have fiddled with the settings for days now. I am confident that the issue lies with an error somewhere regarding the graphics card, as I have had never had an issue with the multiple computers I've used FL on until now. Additionally, this program isn't graphic or CPU intensive - nor the plugins - yet it happens even when opening them on a blank project.

Initially, my BIOS was on a 2001 version. I updated it to 2003 (the most recent, non-beta one available). Pre-BIOS update; however, FL was crashing right out with the AMD driver timeout error every time. And now, FL stays open (usually) while I get the driver timeout error and a FL Fruity Wrapper Error (essentially meaning the plugin failed to load)

I have the most up-to-date drivers on everything. I have an IOBit Driver downloader so everything is done there. There's nothing else I can think of, but if someone else has ideas, I would greatly appreciate them. This issue has more than diminished my work and workflow. Screenshots and specs posted beneath this!

SS: 

4dparticles_0-1617195708794.png

You can see a handful of Waves plugins at the top left in that pop-up menu (Kramer, RBass, such as those)

Loading any of those or clicking the 'More Plugins' at the top causes the crash.

SS post-black-screen: 

4dparticles_1-1617195708787.png

My  Specs

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700X

GPU: AMD RX 5700-XT

RAM: CORSAIR VENGENCE RGB PRO DDR3200 (16GB x2)

0 Likes
0 Replies