cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

alioztas
Adept I

Driver crashes when playing Hunt: Showdown

I'm using Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ SE with Intel i5 7500, Asus z270-a motherboard and I always use discord while playing with my friends. I'm using my monitor (LG29WK600, Freesync enabled) as output of discord audio and using optical digital output for all other sounds. 

Especially in Hunt:Showdown, in both 20.2.2 and 20.3.1 drivers (installed with ddu applied beforehand) if I play with friends (using monitors speakers as discord's output) the driver and game crashes simultaneously in random occurrences. 

I've even tried older drivers but found no success...

Note: according to driver release "known issues", I'm only using freesync and only increased fan speeds from Radeon Software to enhance system integrity. All other special settings are disable in order to prevent related crashes.

Is there a way to overcome this problem? Thanks. 

10 Replies
alioztas
Adept I

To note;

Discord has no/very little effect on this situation as I’ve been testing even when discord is completely closed, the driver fails. 

In addition; when driver fails, it resets the overclock and fan settings profile (only can be seen on 20.3.1, as in 20.2.2 system freezes completely)

alioztas
Adept I

Reinstalled Windows 10 Pro (was using build 1809, now 1909) now crashes occur as listed:

(20.3.1, Enhanced sync is still off)

Hunt: Showdown: randomly, often.

Google Chrome w/ hardware acceleration: seldom.

And even: candy crush friends crashes...

alioztas
Adept I

Update:
Using driver 20.4.1 lately and crashes are less often now.

I'm comparing my Sapphire rx5700xt nitro+ se with my previous Sapphire RX580 8gb Nitro+ directly, as I've not sold my old rx580 yet, rx5700xt is randomly SLOWER (I mean, less fps at same settings) in most scene while playinh Hunt: showdown... And inspecting the frequency of core; it fluctuates between 1200 and 2070mhz~ to note...

#20.4.1‌ #hunt: showdown #rx 5700xt #sapphire rx 5700 xt

warsun
Challenger

Try using this driver.

Uninstall your driver an install this one. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-17-9-1 

0 Likes

RX5700XT is not on this driver's list? Are you sure?

0 Likes
alioztas
Adept I

Using 20.4.2 for a while; Hunt showdown still crashes frequently, but rarely crashes while playing newly-released Snowrunners... #hunt: showdown #snowrunners

samde
Adept I

I used all versions of drivers, but the problem does not go away, the game during the shootout is very large friezes. I bought a video card only for this game but still can not play, the FPS and friezes are falling.I will never buy products from AMD again...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCTjKqs1H44

alioztas
Adept I

Again to update 20.4.2: Red Dead Redemption 2 always crashes, tried DirectX 12 AND Vulkan with various settings like borderless or fullscreen or sticking with lower settings (even the card is powerful to handle all Ultra)
#RedDeadRedemption2

For Hunt: Showdown: The best setting is limiting the framerate within the monitor's freesync range as mine is 40-75Hz I limited the frames to 72, the other settings like 90 100 etc crashes more frequently.

I'm still waiting for a driver update or else please make a recall and take back these problematic cards Amd. I'm requesting this not as a fanboy or etc as I use Ryzen 5 3600X as my CPU right now.

alioztas
Adept I

Update on 20.7.1; screenshot added from a usual crash while playing Hunt:Showdown.

53223521-ae6e-4c08-9ca9-c39e9cc8b383.jpg

20.7.2 update. Still crashing frequently, but at least Freesync is working (it was not in 20.7.1)

0 Likes
alioztas
Adept I

Update on 20.8.1 AND 20.8.2, nothing changed.

But, I've solved these crashing issues by selecting "Quiet BIOS" which runs the gpu and mem clock (1750 mhz instead of 1800) slower...

In addition, tuning anything from wattman results in random crashes.

0 Likes