Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

samuraiizack
Journeyman III

Dota 2 crashing constantly on RX 580

Hey guys,

I've recently upgraded from an MSI GTX 1050 to a Gigabyte RX 580 8GB .

The transition was not smooth and had plenty of crashes and scares. Many of which have been fixed and stabilised by correcting settings, and/ or undervolting and underclocking the card through MSI Afterburner (Wattman kept resetting after rebooting).

What I cannot figure out is why this particular game constantly crashes under any API (DX 9, DX 11, Vulkan, and OpenGL), regardless of settings used. I get this weird artifacting (see attached) and crashes, some of which restart the driver, others lock the computer and have to be manually rebooted.
I am aware of the Unreal Engine crashes due to attempting to run Soul Cailbur 6 unsuccessfully (same artifacting screen).

Battlefield V and Tomb Raider run perfectly under DX 12 for hours. No issues with Mortal Kombat XL, Resident Evil 7, Resident Evil 2, or Tekken 7 either.

I've stress tested the system multiple times using Heaven benchmark, Superposition and OCCT. All ran perfectly with no errors.

First crash before undervolting/ underclocking and increasing power limit to +50%
Display driver crash now
OCCT test

I'm currently using the latest 19.8.1 Adrenalin driver.

CPU: Intel G4560
Mobo: MSI H110M
PSU: Antec VP600P
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Gigabyte RX 580 8GB

Did not have any issues under any API using the default Intel HD graphics, nor the GTX 1050.

Anyone have this issue before, or ideas on how to resolve?

4 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Do not OC to video memory. Do not increase the power too much. You may damage your graphics card. RX580 is one of AMD's most stable GPUs. Reset WattMan settings with Radeon Settings and then restart your PC. Also, close any applications that affect the graphics card, such as MSI Afterburner, Chrome, and Firefox before running a game. Do not run unless necessary with a game.

0 Likes
sheriff4444
Adept I

Hey. I am having the exact same issue. Were you able to solve it? I'm seeing the date on the post and it backs to August. Ty in advance.

jonass
Journeyman III

I got the same issue after updating to adrenaline 22.5. now I set it back to 22.4 but it still keeps crashing and giving artifacts. Then the amd driver resets everytime.  To me it looks like the card is broken but on benchmark tools it performs excellent without any artifacts. I am not sure how to determine if my card is rly broken with this. When I play in lowest graphic settings its fine, but thats not a good solution for me. Is there any way to verify?

0 Likes

Update: I played on lowest settings for a week, then installed the newer adrenalin that in the meantime came out and now everything is fine again. 

I am really annoyed by the frequency and incompatibility of adrenaline updates. I just want my expensive hardware to work as is not be forced to update every week for some new products that are not relevant for me. 

0 Likes