cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Doom Demo crashes in Vulkan Mode

Hi,

I have installed the Latest Version of the AMD Drivers on a Radeon HD 7850 and tried running DOOM Demo in Vulkan Mode to test it out but it keeps on crashing when in Vulkan Mode but not OpenGL Mode. Crash Info Below.

• AMD Graphics Card
    • MSI Radeon HD 7850
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.1
  • Display Devices
    • Dell SP2309W via HDMI
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • MSI X370 SLI PLUS ; BIOS Revision: 7A33v39
  • CPU/APU
    • Ryzen 7 1700
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Corsair HX1000i
  • RAM
    • 16GB
0 Likes
1 Solution

As goodplay linked to, we figured this out a while back. Apparently the Vulkan api in the Demo has issues, but don't fear getting the game. The game is updated since the Demo and Vulkan works brilliantly. In fact, it's hands down the best implementation of Vulkan out there, IMHO. It is also just one heck of a game that I recommend, nobody miss.

Good Luck & Happy Gaming!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Doom Not Loading - 7850 17.12.2

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

As goodplay linked to, we figured this out a while back. Apparently the Vulkan api in the Demo has issues, but don't fear getting the game. The game is updated since the Demo and Vulkan works brilliantly. In fact, it's hands down the best implementation of Vulkan out there, IMHO. It is also just one heck of a game that I recommend, nobody miss.

Good Luck & Happy Gaming!