cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cityuser
Adept I

Does the new graphics card bring back fluid motion features on video playing ?

I have checked the newly released 7900XT features, it seems a disappointment!

But is there any chance they skipped it in the illustration only?

0 Likes
6 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I believe it is still too soon to start judging, no reliable benchmarks are available yet.

Keep in mind that they are throwing these two at 4080 price levels not 4090.

johnnyenglish_0-1670613663682.png

If this chart holds some true in it, then all the 7900XT needs to have is a good price.

4080 with 1200MSRP in my country. This is crazy!

johnnyenglish_1-1670613854882.png

The Englishman
0 Likes

Maybe there is some misunderstanding. 

I mean the fluid motion on video playback  which AMD has abandoned after GNC architecture, not about the 3d gaming.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I'm sorry but you may have done the same, or by any chance you have a 7900XT in your possession to test it?

Too soon to start judging. Give some time for big youtubers and small to start firing tests.

From benchmarks, to quality, drivers and vídeo play back if it is what you seek. 

But I got to say, your question is a bit vague, I have a very smooth vídeo playback on my RX6800 in davinci resolve timeline and final renders. 

The Englishman
0 Likes

Thank you, i will try this DaVinci , see if it can replace Bluesky frame rate Converter

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Only after checking that app you mentioned I could find related info on the feature set you seek.
So, I did misunderstood and my apologies for that. But try to be more clear in a post like this.

I don't believe the latest Davinci video editor have such support, or if they had they must've dropped it like the newer cards did. Try looking into BMD forums maybe....

Can you tell me why is this feature set so important to you? Just curious.

The Englishman
0 Likes

Sorry for the late reply.

For better understanding about what fluid motion do, I suggest you try the video player software called "Splash Player" , it has been developed by Mirillis, its free and eady to use , the Splash Player can copy and insert a frame of video between itself  and the consecutive one to achieve nearly 60fps instead of 23.976, 24, etc , so that it can synchronize to the basic refresh rate of modern lcd display.

Maybe the obvious question is what be the need of AMD fluid motion anymore ? The problem of Splash Player is : they have not been updated for over 2 years and the color rendered seems awkward when dealing with HDR film, while the fluid motion filter seems doing quite accurate .

There exist other similar software in the market and smooth video project is the most popular one , but this one is not quite good in my opinion. especially  when sliding forward and bacward.

0 Likes