cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

azizk
Adept I

Does Radeon RX570 supports AVI/DivX displays in dual monitor setup?

I'm using dual monitor setup for RX570 Gaming 4G and I'm facing multiple issues. They are as follows:

• System is not able to detect #dual-monitors setup but #AVI / #divx display is totally ignored. I tried to re-install VGA drivers multple times but nothing worked.
  • The HDMI display doesn't output #audio-via-HDMI.

Dire in need of help!

Thank you, Community.

0 Likes
1 Solution

First thing I noticed is that you don't have AMD HD Audio installed!

If you installed and are using AMD driver then under Device Manager - Sound, Video, Game Controllers you should have AMD HD AUDIO. I don't see that and if your Default Speakers (Monitors) are connected to your GPU card then your Monitor speakers would be using AMD HD Audio driver and not your Motherboard Realtek HD Audio driver.

In Sound Panel it should show your LG Monitor Audio using AMD HD Audio like mine is. I have an Nvidia GPU card so I have Nvidia HD Audio installed. Here is my Sound Panel and Device Manager showing Nvidia HD Audio the same way it should show AMD HD Audio for yours. In my case I am using Bluetooth Headphones as my "Default Audio Device" and not my LG HDR 4K Monitor. So I get no sound from my LG HDR 4K Monitor speakers since it isn't my "Default Audio Device". You can make any Audio Device your Default Audio device by right clicking on the Audio device icon in Sound Panel:

Download the latest AMD Driver full package and install it. It should install the AMD HD Audio driver which then will allow your Monitor to have Audio from your GPU card from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-x-570 

Use this basic method to install your AMD Driver FULL package:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

View solution in original post

13 Replies