cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cmogle481
Journeyman III

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement Surface Mount R47 1833 for a Radeon VII. Had an unfortunate incident with an Alphacool Waterblock that broke said component off and I would like to repair the card.

The waterblock had an incorrect tolerance on one of its screws and it caused the component pictured to fully break off my card (the one pictured is from someone else's card). 

0 Likes
1 Reply

First, does the GPU Card still works correctly even with that electronic component damaged?  If it does, I would leave it alone. But if your GPU card doesn't work correctly or is non-functional because of that component then it is best to try and repair it.

Most likely AMD Warranty won't cover it since it was Customer error that broke that electronic component.

The best way is to cannibalize that part from another a permanently damaged Radeon VII that is irreparable. Not sure if that particular part is used in more than one GPU card.

I would try and Contact an AMD Service Center nearest to you and find out how much it would cost to repair your card.

This might be a waste of your time, but you can always open a Online AMD Warranty Request and see if it is covered under Warranty (mostly likely not) or maybe they can direct you to a AMD Service Center to have it repaired. You can open a Warranty ticket from here: AMD Warranty Request Form | AMD 

Good luck!

EDIT: I took a closer look at the damage. It seems like it is just the casing that is damaged. Good chance the actual electronics is still good. Unless the casing has something to do with the way the component operates.

0 Likes