cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

MildFilipino
Journeyman III

DisplayPort on rx 570 no longer working properly.

As the title says, the displayport my rx 570 has stopped working but the HDMI port still works just as fine. I tried updating some drivers to get rid of the green flash on my screen and pretty much my second monitor no longer works now. I have a displayport to hdmi adapter for my secondary monitor and a direct HDMI connection for my primary monitor. My computer will pick up the secondary monitor but nothing is displaying and in the settings it says that the display is 640x480 (both of my monitors are 1080). My secondary monitor shows that there's a signal but has no feed so is flashing the power saving mode. I switched both cables to see if it was a cable/monitor issue but they are both working as they should. I ran the AMD cleanup tool and reinstalled the drivers and I still get the same issue. I did a driver rollback and it makes it worse now, Kinda stuck on what to do now.

10 Replies
K4
Adept I

I have the same problem. I don't know: Problem with GPU or Monitor. This is unlikely to be the fault of the drivers. I uninstalled them and the system sees the monitor the same way. The monitor has been detected by the computer and does not display "Not connected" only a black screen is displayed. As if someone could help I would be grateful.

0 Likes

What are the Make & Model of the two monitors that you are trying to connect?

What is the make & model of your DP to HDMI Adapter?

Did both Monitors work in the past? If so then it might be a Windows Update issue.

Have you tried connecting a DP Monitor directly to the DP port to see if you get video output?

It might be a configuration issue either with Windows Settings - Display/Graphics or Radeon Settings.

Can you post an image of Windows Settings - display showing both monitors?

How do you have both monitors configured in Windows Settings - Display? as Extended or Duplicate?

@elstaci 
monitors:

#1 Acer Nitro vg240ybmiix  (connected via HDMI)
#2 Acer Nitro Ei242qrpbiipx Curved  (connected via Displayport)

I do not own an adapter. The monitor was connected using a DisplayPort - DisplayPort and HDMI - HDMI  cable.
Monitor #1 is working properly. I recently bought monitor #2 and I connected it to the computer.

The problem started when the computer went into sleep mode after my inactivity. After waking up, Monitor #1 shows the image correctly, while #2 displays a black screen. The system sees it as a monitor containing a resolution of 640x480 and 60Hz (which is not true). My monitors were positioned side by side in Extended mode .

I checked on another cable and it worked the same way.

I got an error displayed in Radeon Software : "default radeon wattman settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure"

I looked at all possible settings - I couldn't find anything that could help 

I tried uninstalling and installing the drivers several times - it didn't help. 

Uninstall All drivers  - didn't help.

0 Likes

Any errors in Device Manager under both "Display" or "Monitor" or any other categories?

You are not able to set the correct Resolution to the second Monitor via Windows Settings - Graphics?

So on the second Monitor you connected from GPU DP Port to DP Input on the Monitor and from the GPU HDMI Port to HDMI Input on the Monitor with the same results?

No errors. only the system does not detect the model of the monitor connected to the DP (https://prnt.sc/dcIXy91naYzF). I can't change the screen resolution in Windows Display settings. (https://prnt.sc/4uneesAQTw88) When connecting the monitor, it displays "Black screen", and the image on the HDMI monitor stutters severely. (One frame freezes every second). And yes, the Monitors are hooked up without connectors directly to the gpu.
If i connect this monitor using DP - Does not work
but if I connect via HDMI - Works correctly.

Is it possible that Windows 11 may not have drivers for a particular monitor?

0 Likes

I read that a under-powered PSU might have power issues when connecting 2 or more displays.

What PSU are you using for your PC?

If it was working fine before in Windows 10 with 2 monitors then that indicates to me it isn't a PSU issue.

My psu is SilentiumPC Elementum E2 550W 80 Plus.

I previously used an old TV with a resolution of 720p using a DP - HDMI adapter. It worked fine.
I bought a monitor and wanted to give it in place of the TV.
Sorry. However, there was an error, once displayed on the DP Monitor "Not supported resolution".
The GPU requires a 350W power supply, and its power consumption is 150W.

0 Likes

If it helps, here are my PC specifications:
CPU: I5 9400F
GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 570 STRIX OC 8GB GDDR5
RAM: 16Gb
PSU: SilentiumPC Elementum E2 550W 80 Plus
Motherboard: MSI B365M PRO-VH
SYSTEM: Win 11

0 Likes

For the RX 570 a minimum PSU you need is 450 Watts. So you have plenty of power with a 550 watt PSU.

Your Silentium 550 watt PSU seems to be a "WHITE" PSU and not one of the metal rated PSU like Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum rated.

The "White or 80 Plus" is considered to be the worst or lowest in PSU Ratings and the cheapest of the PSUs. But doesn't mean it is a bad PSU. It just isn't as efficient as a 80 Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum rated PSUs.

This article from PC World explains the difference between a Bronze and White rated PSU: https://www.pcworld.com/article/394951/pc-power-supply-ratings-80-plus-platinum-vs-gold-vs-bronze-vs...

Download and run OCCT PSU test and see what your PSU Outputs are during the test (3.3/5.0.12.0 VDC) with both monitors connected. 

The PSU outputs should all be within 5% of its rated output. If it is more than 5% than its rated output then the PSU is not outputting correct voltages.

But if you were able to run both the TV and Monitor without issue in Windows 10 then most likely it isn't your PSU.

It could be either your Monitor cables or the monitor itself.

Running OCCT PSU Test, at least, will show if your PSU can withstand very high stress on it or not.

NOTE: OCCT PSU Test, in the past has been known on occasion, to damage weak or low quality PSU during its test. If you have a good quality PSU then the PSU Test will not damage it.

I have a Corsair 850 Watt Gold Rated PSU that is over 8 year old and it passes the OCCT PSU Test without any issues with good PSU Outputs during the test.

0 Likes

Found this Tech site about under powered PSU symptoms: https://smallbusiness.chron.com/signs-symptoms-computer-not-receiving-enough-power-74039.html

Display Irregularities

1. If the monitor is flashing or displaying dots and lines when it shouldn't be, the computer may not be getting enough power from the power supply unit. The insufficient power can cause the CPU and graphics card to render screen displays inconsistently. Additionally, the graphics card may turn off the monitor if there's not enough power to render on-screen graphics. This is particularly common in multi-monitor setups.

0 Likes