cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

realistikdash
Journeyman III

Displayport on new RX 580 not working

Hey so I just got a new RX 580 and I noticed that getting Displayport to work is hell. My monitor just shows "No signal". I have only gotten it to work once by doing a mix of unplugging monitor from power and display port, discharging it, plugging again (found somewhere on Reddit) but now these steps don't at all. This leaves me stuck with HDMI (no Freesync). The displayport worked perfectly on my 1050ti I had previously.

Specs of parts I feel are relevant to this:

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 4GB

Monitor: LG 29UM68-P (has Freesync)

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
6 Replies

I understand your frustration. It is never impossible that you got a bum display port on your card, it happens. It is also possible to have corrupted driver install I would suggest running DDU from wagnardsoft_com and try and install the driver again. It is also true that different cards can be very picky about the display port cables. If you have a retail outlet you can buy a new cable from you may wish to try another quality cable and see. Or maybe a friend could lend you one for testing to try. Also you could try that card in another machine.

0 Likes

Using ddu and reinstalling the drivers seems to have temporarily fixed it 

So glad to hear that. Thanks for letting us know what helped!

0 Likes
jallen217
Journeyman III

Sorry for the spam, But i cant make a post and i have an issue when i use the displayport and my dvi port on my rx 580. my task bar only appears on the displayport monitior. doesnt matter which is the main. and i mean no taskbar at all on my dvi. i would really like to be able to make my own post but i guess im sol on that one

0 Likes
jallen217
Journeyman III

so far this support forum is a joke and i still cant make post. i have messaged 5 mods with no response. i guess support is what you pay for when you buy intel.

0 Likes

While I can't disagree that I wish AMD employees were more involved and most the time involved at all. You need to read the forum header information. These are USER TO USER forums only. Meaning they are people like you helping others with maybe something they know another poster does not. 

If you want AMD support to directly help you then you contact AMD support. So until you contact AMD support I;d reserve judgment on calling it a joke. 

Anyway contact them here, and all you had to do was go to the support contact page.  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes